Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Blue moon 'scape
Contest Number: 138 Contest Theme: Moonscape Lens: Super Takumar 35mm f2.0 w/PK adapter Camera: Pentax K3 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Owltown, 02-02-2018, 01:52 PM

Many folks forget that "moonlight" is actually reflected sunlight and, as such, contains the full color spectrum. Under a bright full moon, the camera reveals this range of colors in earthly subjects, as well as the deep blue of our sky. These photos were taken in the Trackrock district of Blairsville in the NE GA mountains. They were captured two nights ago (1/31/18) at about 10:30PM EST, using one of my favorite pieces of legacy glass on a K3 body, all secured to a massive Manfrotto/Bogen tripod. The images were recorded with the K3 set to "bright" color correction; but no post-processing has been applied The original images are 8MB to 11MB in size; I've reduced them to deal with the rural-American-quality DSL internet connection we live with out here in the mountains. The image that shows a "ghost" -- that's me, running thru the camera's field of view during the 30-second exposure, holding a small flashlight! (Or maybe it's really Bigfoot ... I ain't tellin' ...)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 363