Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Photo bombed by a bush robin.
Contest Number: 156 Contest Theme: Birds in Flight Lens: Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 @ 17mm Camera: K-50 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F10 
Posted By: Kiwizinho, 08-12-2019, 01:58 PM

This isn't your average 'birds in flight', as the bird in question doesn't have its wings open, and it wasn't even supposed to be in the image, however it is airborne, and it is captured in its natural habitat.
I was actually trying to capture the fungi, but a curious bush robin came to investigate, and happened to be in mid air just as the flash went off, resulting in its rather startled look.
I think I got quite lucky with this image, as usually trying to photograph these small birds in the darkness of the forest floor isn't easy, as usually you need a long lens and plenty of light. That this was photographed at 17mm with only modest cropping gives an idea of just how close the robin was.

Views: 298
09-07-2019, 04:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would like to nominate this photo