Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Robotar, Tefnon etc, which Kobori-made 28mm is the best?
Contest Number: 158 Contest Theme: Open Lens: Robotar MC 28mm f2.8 (M42) Camera: Pentax K200D Shutter Speed: 1/2000s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: philip-ted, 10-29-2019, 05:18 AM

My most favourite lens may be the Kobori-made 28mm lenses called Tefnon, Koboron, Robotar and so on, which capture a scene realistically and dramatically particularly in under exposure. It's really a gem known to those in the know.

My Tefnon seems to be the latest version (5 groups 5 elements). Compared with it, my Robotar is a bit longer in length and I just guess it may be 7 groups 7 elements or otherwise 6 groups 7 elements. The Tefnon is weak in against light but good in shadow, whereas the Robotar is OK in against light but not interesting in shadow. Which one shall I bring that is the problem.

Below picture was taken with Robotar MC 28mm f2.8 (Oblique Rubber Ring) at Cordova, Cebu, the Philippines, recently. I have two Robotar, an Oblique Rubber Ring and Diamond Rubber Ring, and feel that how it performs well should be up to the individual unit rather than the rubber ring design. Why don't you also post your favourite photo taken with a Kobori-made 28mm and discuss which one is the best?

Attached Images

Views: 105
11-03-2019, 02:24 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would like to nominate this photo