Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Smoked Cat
Contest Number: 169 Contest Theme: Pets Lens: DA 35mm AL Camera: K-3 II Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F5 
Posted By: catwalk, 09-26-2020, 12:46 PM

My cat Ein is a Burmilla. A cross between a chinchilla persian and a burmese. The fur around his eyes is dark as if wearing eye-liner, and his coat is ticked with dark brown giving the appearance of being covered in soot. This "smoked cat" happened to pick an interesting place to sit right as the sky filled with ash.

I brought him out on the deck to enjoy the sun the same day that the historic wildfires in Oregon began. High altitude smoke began to tint the sunlight giving everything a scarlet hue. He sat in the shadow of a table to sniff something interesting, and the patterns of the table's shadow aligned so purfectly with his body I just had to get my camera out. The amalgam of organic and non-organic shadows on the rich grain of the deck and swirls of fur made for some good pictures. I hope you all enjoy.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 237
10-06-2020, 06:26 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would like to nominate this photo
10-08-2020, 06:16 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums