Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Sweetgum seed pods on plain china
Contest Number: 173 Contest Theme: Best of 2020 Lens: smc PENTAX-DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited Camera: PENTAX K-3 Shutter Speed: 1/6s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Madaboutpix, 01-02-2021, 04:53 AM

Taken during the first lockdown here in Germany in the spring, this image exemplifies the twist that my photography has taken in that unusual 2020. Among other things, I learned to be even more appreciative of the small, simple, almost mundane things found by the wayside, and of the less spectacular bits of nature in general. My wife had no small part in this particular subject, given that it was her who brought home the first sweetgum pods from a stroll with our dog - to try them for some closeups herself! Motivated by her efforts, and realizing how photogenic those little contraptions of the plant kingdom were up close, I went out to collect mine own and opted for a minimalist ambient-light setup utilizing our dining table, which receives a generous amount of light from the garden. The 35-mil Macro Limited was not just a natural pick for the task at hand, it was also a lens that I kind of rediscovered for its strong and versatile capabilities last year.

Check out a full-res version of the image here: https://needacreate.smugmug.com/Still-life/i-k3wqJkt/A

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by Madaboutpix; 01-02-2021 at 05:02 AM.
Views: 195
02-03-2021, 07:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I would like to nominate this photo
02-09-2021, 11:45 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would like to nominate this photo