Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
EchinaceaUpCloseAndPersonal
Contest Number: 177 Contest Theme: Flowers Lens: Pentax DA 55-300 AF Camera: PENTAX K 1 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: MASTERFIRE, 05-09-2021, 10:45 AM

This Echinacea (Cone Flower) I shot at a fl of 77 mm. I used a combined #2 and # 4 close up lenses. It was HH....Take it to 100%. if you like...The little foating specs are pollen...love... One thing I find interesting is the spiral pattern of the spikes--I do not know what the scientific name for them is; perhaps someone will let me know, Thank you!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by MASTERFIRE; 05-09-2021 at 11:01 AM.
Views: 393
06-03-2021, 10:26 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would like to nominate this photo
06-04-2021, 04:20 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
06-04-2021, 08:25 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Dear Noelcmn, Your nomination is a honor. I look at your member status and say, "Wow!" To have your acknowledgement is worth more your one nomination...much more! Thank you!

---------- Post added 06-04-21 at 11:26 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by FerranGMPentax Quote
FerranGMPentax, Your nomination is much appreciated,,,Thank you!

06-08-2021, 05:41 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

06-08-2021, 01:21 PM - 1 Like   #6

06-08-2021, 09:59 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by silcam Quote
silcam, I much appreciate your nomination . Thank you and best regards!

---------- Post added 06-09-21 at 01:02 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Excalibor Quote
Excalibor (great title name) Your nomination means a ;lot to me. Thanks more than I can say. Best regards!

06-09-2021, 09:27 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by MASTERFIRE Quote
---------- Post added 06-09-21 at 01:02 ----------
Excalibor (great title name) Your nomination means a ;lot to me. Thanks more than I can say. Best regards!
Thanks! :-) It is a great picture and a very beautiful and intriguing flower... Good luck! :-)
06-09-2021, 08:54 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks! :-) It is a great picture and a very beautiful and intriguing flower... Good luck! :-)
You are Kind to say so... it.ts not doing as well as I expected....I went with my gut rather than my heart...Stupid me (flowers equal heart and soul.) ... Thie attached image I made with a RICOH XRP SLR in 1985. With all the talf\k of industry, the future, technical interests and so on. I simply shoot with the best equipment I cam afford and feel great with a camera in my hands....at my eye. The world I see is mine alone inside a viewfinder, It is mine for the taking.. I'm an artist and I like excellence. I've studied, so I know some things well. The use of light, composition, timing, and the rule of thirds most of the time. These things anyone can learn and do. The possibilities are endless...Best regards.

Last edited by MarkJerling; 06-11-2021 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Image removed as discussed with OP
06-10-2021, 12:27 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by MASTERFIRE Quote
You are Kind to say so... it.ts not doing as well as I expected....I went with my gut rather than my heart...Stupid me (flowers equal heart and soul.) ... Thie attached image I made with a RICOH XRP SLR in 1985. With all the talf\k of industry, the future, technical interests and so on. I simply shoot with the best equipment I cam afford and feel great with a camera in my hands....at my eye. The world I see is mine alone inside a viewfinder, It is mine for the taking.. I'm an artist and I like excellence. I've studied, so I know some things well. The use of light, composition, timing, and the rule of thirds most of the time. These things anyone can learn and do. The possibilities are endless...Best regards.
Ah! That picture is beautiful!! As I have so often seen, it's nothing to do with megapixels or things like that... Thank you for sharing your artistic vision, it's very much appreciated! I loved that world description, it's amazing...

As for the contest itself, well, I will never understand people's taste, so... ^_^ And many cultures sit the soul at the guts, which makes more sense than at the heart--if you really think about it--, so I say it was a good feeling. As long as your creations fulfill your expectations, art is actually for the author. It's the Human way to grow out of our skulls and overcome the limitations of our primate senses. If others like it, that's just a bonus... Keep up the great work!
06-10-2021, 11:14 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ah! That picture is beautiful!! As I have so often seen, it's nothing to do with megapixels or things like that... Thank you for sharing your artistic vision, it's very much appreciated! I loved that world description, it's amazing...

As for the contest itself, well, I will never understand people's taste, so... ^_^ And many cultures sit the soul at the guts, which makes more sense than at the heart--if you really think about it--, so I say it was a good feeling. As long as your creations fulfill your expectations, art is actually for the author. It's the Human way to grow out of our skulls and overcome the limitations of our primate senses. If others like it, that's just a bonus... Keep up the great work!
Again,Excalibor, you are too kind., I am happy you have taken the time to comment, to communicate with me. Let's just keep shooting, the industry will take care of itself.
06-13-2021, 02:44 AM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-13-2021, 10:38 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Dear Adam, as I see your PENTAX Forum creditials, I more than a litttle honored by your nomination of my image. Thank you and best regards!!