Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Contest #187 - March, 2022 (Pets and other Domesticated Animals)
Contest Number: 187 Contest Theme: Domesticated Animals 
Posted By: Ole, 03-01-2022, 01:17 PM

The theme for the official PentaxForums photo contest for March, 2022 is:

Domesticated Animals

The topic this month is "Domesticated Animals" which includes pets, of course. Good luck!

Click the button below to submit a photo for the contest (do NOT post in the thread you're reading now).

Remember: your submission must be taken with a Pentax camera or a Ricoh digital camera and be scaled to web-friendly resolution. After clicking on the link above, attach your photo using our attachment system (preferred) or link to an external image. Only 1 submission per person.

And don't forget to nominate your favorites from last month. Click Here to go to the nominations page.

Prizes

1st place: $50 B&H gift card (valid for up to 2 years) + homepage feature
2nd place:
1-year forum account upgrade (Marketplace seller access + greatly increased photo space)
3rd place: 50 sheets of premium photo paper from Red River Paper.

LinksInformation

If this is your first contest, you may be interested in reading the guidelines below:

Views: 1,654
03-01-2022, 06:06 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
can you define a little bit more the scope of "Domesticated Animals", is that any animal that can live in captivity? animals that parasites us? insects like bees? etc.
03-02-2022, 09:45 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@Adam What do you think about the idea of some enforcement of photo dates on these contests? Wouldn't it be cool if they had to have exif data with this months date to qualify? this way we wouldn't be competing with lifetime bests from all over. Just a thought.

I have no pets anymore so this idea wouldn't help me a bit. :P
03-03-2022, 05:32 PM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by blues_hawk Quote
@Adam What do you think about the idea of some enforcement of photo dates on these contests? Wouldn't it be cool if they had to have exif data with this months date to qualify? this way we wouldn't be competing with lifetime bests from all over. Just a thought.

At the moment the monthly contests are open to archived photos, in part to accommodate users in different regions. However, some of our contests do have this restriction, such as the current 14mm contest.

Thanks for the feedback in any case!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-05-2022, 02:23 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
At the moment the monthly contests are open to archived photos, in part to accommodate users in different regions. However, some of our contests do have this restriction, such as the current 14mm contest.

Thanks for the feedback in any case!
I think it allows some, like myself, to revisit our photos from the past that we didn't publish, overlooked, but that are at the end good enough and desrve to be published...
03-25-2022, 02:01 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blues_hawk Quote

Why? why restrict people from entering? why set an arbitrary time limit on an image? what is the benefit to the quality of this competition in limiting it. Next you will be setting a limit to the location...only US entrants....
03-25-2022, 08:34 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The rules specify digital. Does this eliminate film photos that have been scanned in?

03-26-2022, 08:21 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BobL Quote
Why? why restrict people from entering? why set an arbitrary time limit on an image? what is the benefit to the quality of this competition in limiting it. Next you will be setting a limit to the location...only US entrants....
Setting a date limitation encourages people to go out and shoot, as evidenced by the recent 14mm lens competition, which had some wonderful current date shots, but I agree it need not be all the time.