Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Jenny
Posted By: MASTERFIRE, 12-14-2023, 03:19 PM

JENNY is a film shot taken in the 80s...I am guessing at the EXIF, which is not available to me at present. Two weeks ago my PENTAX K1 got knocked off a countertop. It's shot, I'm sad. .Buying even a used one this time of year is not practical for me, though I'm bidding on an ebay listed K1 body...we'll see if it's in my wheelhouse. Nonetheless, I still own two operational RICOH XRPs. Because RICOH purchased PENTAX, I immediately purchased a new K1, and that's why I joined the PENTAX Forum. "Jenny" is (IMO) an excellent composition, though grainy due to a makeshift conversion to digital. I've always thought this a fine take, even its softness appeals to me, though a bit sharper would be better.It is sharper on the slide. Still, I believe it qualifies nicely for this contest....love... This is the season to be thankful for or all God's blessings, no matter what your beliefs. ...JOY...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 

Views: 518
01-08-2024, 06:36 PM   #16

I would like to nominate this photo

01-10-2024, 02:28 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by harpera6 Quote
harpera6, Thank you for nominating "Jenny". I'm gratified because your PENTAX Forum profile is prestigious. That a nearly 40 year old film shot is getting some attention validates my many tears of mostly private use images, though I've been published with some book covers , etc. I still love my RICOH XRPs...they were ahead of the curve of most other more expensive cameras of that period. Have a great 2024! Best regards, MASTERFIRE ...love...

---------- Post added 01-10-24 at 16:34 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jlev Quote
Dear, jlev, I appreciate that you nominated "Jenny" in this contest. I don't think I know what a junior member is, but you are fortunate to be involved with this forum. Thank you and Best regards...Have a great 2024! ... MASTERFIRE ...love.... (I use this tag on most everything I write in Social Media; "God is Love.")

---------- Post added 01-10-24 at 16:42 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PAB Quote
Hi, PAB; I don't know what a "junior member" is, but I much appreciate your nomination of "Jenny" in this forum contest. Every nomination is a validation of what photography means to every member and all photography buffs, really. There's nothing quite so magical as holding a fine camera and viewing the subject through a view screen--a secret place/world to enter; your mind in tune with your camera and the subject matter. Best regards and have a super 2024! ...love...

---------- Post added 01-10-24 at 16:43 ----------

Hi, PAB; I don't know what a "junior member" is, but I much appreciate your nomination of "Jenny" in this forum contest. Every nomination is a validation of what photography means to every member and all photography buffs, really. There's nothing quite so magical as holding a fine camera and viewing the subject through a view screen--a secret place/world to enter; your mind in tune with your camera and the subject matter. Best regards and have a super 2024! ...love...

---------- Post added 01-10-24 at 16:44 ----------

---------- Post added 01-10-24 at 16:51 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by carabez Quote
carabez, Wow, thank you, sir... You prestigious standing as a site supporter makes your nomination all the sweeter. And to think I took this shot nearly 40 years ago. Best regards and have a really great 2024! ...love...
01-10-2024, 04:47 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

02-10-2024, 12:52 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PAB Quote
Thank you, PAB... I'm sorry for not acknnowleging you before now. Nominations are nice. Best regards! ...love...