Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Anticipation
Contest Number: 39 Contest Theme: Your Best SHot Lens: 50mm Camera: KD100 Super Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: chrispwill, 11-02-2009, 08:46 PM

My daughter climbing a little too far up on a balcony railing, waiting for the sunset. She was ready for bed and out in her slippers and nightgown enjoying the evening air. This was a fun night for her.

Last edited by chrispwill; 11-03-2009 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Forgot the photo! And how to link to my online posted photo. Oh brother!
Views: 2,565
11-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I finally got it. Here is the missing photo.

Okay. I'm brain dead and can't recall without a lot of digging how I last posted my images. Is there a more direct way to post an image rather than having to upload them to my Internet site on Comcast? I feel I am missing something?

Chris
11-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes- you can attach them directly to your post by clicking new thread (or post reply), then using the "manage attachments" button at the bottom.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is a fine, creative image Chris.
I like the backlit flare and composition of this shot.
I'd have had her more to the left of the frame to crop off the neighboring house a little, and her feet to the bottom of the frame to give her a little more 'head room' in the image.
But well done.

11-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #5

Original Poster
Ash,

Thanks for the compliments. When I took this, my daughter Emily was not aware that I was photographing her. I wanted to capture this moment as it was happening for her. So the full frame does not have much room for cropping the image any more. Otherwise I would be tossing out elements I wanted to keep. I love this image, even with some of the technical flaws.

Now I need to look over your gallery shots! I'm always impressed with other people's photography work.

Thanks again! I hope we all get to learn how we did in the voting. No matter if I win or not, it's fun to participate and share.
07-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #6

Original Poster
Restoring the original photo to tis post

I moved the image that I had hosted for this post. So here it is again for people finding it for the first time.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo