Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Eeet Eeez BaaBoooon!
Contest Number: 39 Contest Theme: Your Best Shot Lens: 420mm Camera: K10D Shutter Speed: 1/150s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: m8o, 11-09-2009, 06:54 PM

My best shot.... ever? Unfortunately, I wish I had a harder time coming up with the one (meaning, I wish I was better )

Taken the summer of 2007 in Tarangire National Park, Tanzania.

Weapon of choice was my Sigma 300mm f/2.8 w/the Sigma 1.4x TC used wide open due to the typically cloudy overcast mornings we kept having.

Oh, and did I mention, he'd just got done having some hot monkey love...? ... moments before: http://images27.fotki.com/v994/photos/2/296054/5321105/IMGP4555-vi.jpg
Views: 2,007
11-24-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
An excellent animal portrait.
Engaging and detailed.
Well done.
11-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
rhe
Closed Account

What a penetrating gaze. Well done. Virtually every hair stands out and the chin is well separated from the chest area.
11-26-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanx much. It was definitely serendipity that he looked thru the lens into my eye like that. There's another shot a few seconds before or after where he's looking off to the side and the shot is just 'ok'.

You can thank the baboonette who this fel'er just finished having his hot monkey love with, for the grooming. The second he finished she twirled around and started grooming him. The female found on the right making her man look hansom... [http://public.fotki.com/m8o/outdoor_adventures/tanzania-2007/070812--tarangire-1/imgp4563.html I guess she knew he was about to have his best picture ever taken.

BTW, not to either poster here but to all who ever critique shooting without stopping down, or using a teleconverter... I'd like to reiterate that photo was taken with my 300mm lens at f/2.8, with a 1.4x TC. I guess it comes down to garbage in garbage out. If you don't put garbage in when using a TC, you won't get garbage out.

Last edited by m8o; 11-27-2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: edit: oops, link had an extra character