Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Father and Son
Contest Number: 39 Contest Theme: Best Shot Lens: 50mm Camera: K10D Shutter Speed: 1/20s Aperture: F1.7 
Posted By: Prox-iee, 11-12-2009, 08:33 PM

I had taken a picture of my dad because I was using him as something to focus on. I was taking a self portrait and could not focus it so I asked him to sit down and let me take a picture of him. After I got the exact picture I wanted, he moved out of the way and I took a picture of myself with the shutter time. I used CS4 to post edit the white balance and to play with the colors. I posted the two pictures online, and I thought it would be cool to put the two together. Personally I think the two portraits are my best two portrait shots I've ever done in my year and a half of taking photos. Hope you enjoy it
Views: 2,300
11-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Clever idea.
A little too much empty space in the middle perhaps, and the exposure is not even between father and son (father is slightly under exposed in comparison).
Otherwise well done and executed captures blended reasonably well.
11-27-2009, 07:07 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yeah my teacher said there was too much space in between too. As for the exposure, it was exactly the same. Its just that he is very tan and I'm very not haha The backgrounds are slightly different because I did a custom white balance on the pictures separately

As for the blending I noticed on brighter monitors like my dads there is a distinct line going down the picture from where I tried blending the two =\

thanks for the reply