Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2014, 06:15 AM   #61
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by capndan3 Quote
Just got my "Midnight Black" K-S1 and 20-40 Limited lens today… Really nice combo, the size/ergonomics can take just a while to get used to if you're a former K-series user but it seems to fit my hands well fairly quickly (although I could see how it might be awkward if you were switching back and forth between the two…). It truly is a unique offering in the bland sea of APS-C competitors, esp, "Canikon" and seems to be a much better made product overall and well thought out - kudos to Ricoh for pushing it forward, but I can also see how the pricing and lack of market presence will likely doom the K-S1 to relative obscurity - all you have to do is walk into a mass retailer like Best Buy, etc. and see the Canikon 2-lens kits at $499 piled high and you wonder how Pentax could ever anticipate growing K-S1 sales beyond being a niche product… Surely once all the old K-5 and K-5o stock is gone the KS-1 will be "it" for the entry user and it's spec'd high enough for the enthusiast but it also still seems a strange mix of "who's it for" at a price that is too high… And anyone's guess if any real marketing will show up?
Congratulations! That's the color combination I would get. That one and the orange one are really smart. The denim blue one is quite cool too. I'd quite like to see a picture of that camera with some lenses on, only if you have time.

12-19-2014, 06:50 AM   #62

After discussions with SWMBO yesterday, it was agreed that we could consider replacing her K-100D Super with a more recent model, and that we'd share its use. That should work fine given the amount it's used at the moment.

Today, rather to my surprise, I found a that local branch of Jessops has a Pentax section. I was able to handle a K-S1 as well as a K-3 and a K-50. The K-S1 grip I did find a little awkward, compared to the K-100D we have at home. But as SWMBO has smaller hands she may not find it a problem, and I could get used to it. They want £429 with the kit lens.
02-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #63

I bought the body only for 270 USD. Great camera I think. Feels really robust and small. I kind of like the fact that no body else got one. Must be the rarest Pentax dSLR.

Last edited by Mimik; 02-25-2015 at 11:45 AM.
02-25-2015, 11:54 AM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mimik Quote
I bought the body only for 270 USD. Great camera I think. Feels really robust and small. I kind of like the fact that no body else got one. Must be the rarest Pentax dSLR.
That's a great price! There may be fewer *IST-DL2 owners out there. I suspect there will be very good deals on the K-S1 this Christmas, and then we'll see a lot more K-S1 shooters.