Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That K-S1 is a neat looking camera. Nice to see the size comparison with the K-5.

11-15-2014, 09:13 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
That K-S1 is a neat looking camera. Nice to see the size comparison with the K-5.
Yes, I really miss the small size advantage of older Pentax DSLRs. I love the K3 but it would be exciting to have its capability in a size closer to the K-s1. Maybe in time that will be possible.
11-15-2014, 11:25 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Are you me?
Yikes!!! My evil twin?

Steve
11-16-2014, 05:02 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Yes, I really miss the small size advantage of older Pentax DSLRs. I love the K3 but it would be exciting to have its capability in a size closer to the K-s1. Maybe in time that will be possible.
The one camera I've always regretted selling was the DS. I haven't particularly missed any of the other cameras I've sold and one of them I was positively delighted to get rid of. I'm not sure how I'll feel about selling the K5 in the long run, it's been a good camera for me and I seriously considered keeping it. However, the last time I used it at the same time as the K3 I was surprised that I became frustrated with it, it is slower and the AF isn't as good on mine. I was using flash and had forgotten just how incapable I was with dealing with its flash capability - the K3's flash just works for me, don't know why (I'm awful with flash, one of the things I need to learn). I haven't used the K5 since March and don't think I'm likely to, so it seems silly to keep it.

The K-S1 reminds me of how much fun the DS was to use. I've always known that I've gotten along better with some cameras and not with others, the K-S1 seems to be one of those I'm comfortable with.

11-16-2014, 05:24 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
The one camera I've always regretted selling was the DS. I haven't particularly missed any of the other cameras I've sold and one of them I was positively delighted to get rid of. I'm not sure how I'll feel about selling the K5 in the long run, it's been a good camera for me and I seriously considered keeping it. However, the last time I used it at the same time as the K3 I was surprised that I became frustrated with it, it is slower and the AF isn't as good on mine. I was using flash and had forgotten just how incapable I was with dealing with its flash capability - the K3's flash just works for me, don't know why (I'm awful with flash, one of the things I need to learn). I haven't used the K5 since March and don't think I'm likely to, so it seems silly to keep it.

The K-S1 reminds me of how much fun the DS was to use. I've always known that I've gotten along better with some cameras and not with others, the K-S1 seems to be one of those I'm comfortable with.
Nice to hear positive things about the K-S1. I think it may be a hit if the price moderates a bit.
11-17-2014, 10:36 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
I completely understand this. There are cameras and lenses that I simply get along with better than others, even if my preferred camera/lens is "inferior" to what I could be using.