Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2020, 01:08 PM   #496
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
K-S1 + FA43

Great B & W shot with the KS1, was this using the standard settings or personal?

11-14-2020, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #497
Veteran Member

Variety of shots with an abstract twist. All shot on the KS1- no post processing.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S1  Photo 
11-14-2020, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #498
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

Nice swirly bokeh on that Nikkor lens!
11-15-2020, 07:26 AM - 1 Like   #499
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CedrusMacro Quote
Great B & W shot with the KS1, was this using the standard settings or personal?
Thanks! Standard settings and minimal pp.

11-15-2020, 08:15 AM   #500
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I bought a KS-1 withe Kit lens for $265 from Woot. I used it as a second body for our Eclipse trip plus some other shooting. A competent body with good image quality.

If you are good with just one control wheel it is a great bang for the buck camera.
11-15-2020, 09:23 AM - 2 Likes   #501
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K-S1 + FA43

12-07-2020, 10:30 AM - 2 Likes   #502

One of my first attempts at astrophotography, M81 and M82 galaxies, taken with a K-S1 at 50mm. No star tracker, a few hundreds of 4" subexposures.

Attached Images

12-08-2020, 12:59 AM   #503
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Iranon Quote
One of my first attempts at astrophotography, M81 and M82 galaxies, taken with a K-S1 at 50mm. No star tracker, a few hundreds of 4" subexposures.
Nice work Iranon, I've been wanting to test this out with my K-S1 but not had a clear night where I live yet, perfect time of year in the UK for star shots.

May have missed it, but what lens do you use?
12-08-2020, 01:09 AM - 1 Like   #504

QuoteOriginally posted by CedrusMacro Quote
Nice work Iranon, I've been wanting to test this out with my K-S1 but not had a clear night where I live yet, perfect time of year in the UK for star shots.

May have missed it, but what lens do you use?
I used the Pentax SMC DA 50mm f/1.8, probably stopped down to f/2.8 if I remember correctly.
12-20-2020, 06:14 PM - 2 Likes   #505
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

K-S1 with Carl Zeiss Distagon 25mm f2.8 ZK T*

03-09-2021, 08:21 PM   #506
Pentaxian

Having fun with my K-S1 again! With DA 35 Limited Macro - things are piling up on my desk... in the background you see some prints of pictures of my sons...

The weather is getting nicer, soon I should be able to go out for some interesting photo walks, I hope...

This is SOOC by the way...

Last edited by ChristianRock; 03-09-2021 at 08:42 PM.
04-27-2021, 11:31 AM   #507
Pentaxian

A few photos from a business trip to San Francisco in July 2017 (And yes the sensor spots...):

Oh the haze!
07-14-2021, 03:30 PM - 1 Like   #508
Pentaxian

Double the pleasure, double the fun!

I got me a 2nd K-S1 today... a forum member mentioned it had some electronics issue and he wasn't going to use it anymore, and he didn't want to sell it. I offered some advice on trying a system reset or a firmware reinstall to see if it fixed the electronic issue (it fixed my k-3), but he just offered to send it to me instead... after sending him money for shipping (and a nice cuppa coffee...) I received my gunmetal K-S1 today... just over 4700 shutter actuations... doesn't look like it was used very much at all..

The only electronics issue I see is that there's a red "E000" that appears on the back screen lower left corner (but doesn't cover anything, that line is usually just empty).

Tried to look online, and saw that the letters E000 are usually associated by Pentax with the shutter mechanism, but no useful information. Shutter seems to work fine.

Being that the camera works perfectly (other than under-exposing by a whole step, I tested 4 lenses...), it works like a charm! I'll use it for as long as it works! I did try the system reset and I also re-installed the firmware (was already at the latest). The E000 in red is still there...

My other K-S1 is a blue one that I had the solenoid fixed, but in the process I damaged the camera external case a little bit, and now there's a small area where dust or humidity can get in - so I wouldn't use it at the beach.

The pictures, which is what matters, have no issues... I love the sensor on the K-S1 and the small size works well with the primes I've been able to buy over the years....
07-15-2021, 12:45 AM   #509
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Double the pleasure, double the fun!

I got me a 2nd K-S1 today... a forum member mentioned it had some electronics issue and he wasn't going to use it anymore, and he didn't want to sell it. I offered some advice on trying a system reset or a firmware reinstall to see if it fixed the electronic issue (it fixed my k-3), but he just offered to send it to me instead... after sending him money for shipping (and a nice cuppa coffee...) I received my gunmetal K-S1 today... just over 4700 shutter actuations... doesn't look like it was used very much at all..

The only electronics issue I see is that there's a red "E000" that appears on the back screen lower left corner (but doesn't cover anything, that line is usually just empty).

Tried to look online, and saw that the letters E000 are usually associated by Pentax with the shutter mechanism, but no useful information. Shutter seems to work fine.

Being that the camera works perfectly (other than under-exposing by a whole step, I tested 4 lenses...), it works like a charm! I'll use it for as long as it works! I did try the system reset and I also re-installed the firmware (was already at the latest). The E000 in red is still there...

My other K-S1 is a blue one that I had the solenoid fixed, but in the process I damaged the camera external case a little bit, and now there's a small area where dust or humidity can get in - so I wouldn't use it at the beach.

The pictures, which is what matters, have no issues... I love the sensor on the K-S1 and the small size works well with the primes I've been able to buy over the years....
Congrats, that's a fine freebie all in all. It's that small size and manual primes I love this camera for. Now, let's see some pics with them
07-16-2021, 12:01 PM - 1 Like   #510
Pentaxian

4th of July fireworks! With DA 50 1.8.