Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
You know what... I think I was too pointed in my reply to you. For that I apologize. I have kind of a soft spot in my heart for the underdog, and I get a little riled sometimes.

Sorry for my attitude.
No need to be sorry, you are not the one who accused me of things I have never said.
I love underdogs as well - I have a K-01 and love every bit of it and still make fun of it. And I have quite a funky collection of film cameras that might look like underdogs for a lot of people.

12-15-2014, 06:18 PM   #77
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
The more I use the K-S1, the more I *love* the ergonomics.

The grip is very positive with the pulps of the middle and ring fingers curled into the rubberised recess and the pinky under the body.
Great tip, Sandy ... for me from now on, it's the pinky underneath!
12-15-2014, 06:25 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
In my meanderings with the K-S1 this weekend, I ended up at the Smithsonian Institute in DC. Along with burning photons, I performed some observations to support my theory that the K-S1 design was primarily intended for Japanese women, or east-Asian women in general:
I read an article somewhere that indeed Pentax had released the K-S1 for women.

Last edited by gbeaton; 12-15-2014 at 06:26 PM. Reason: clean up extra text
12-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #79
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Great tip, Sandy ... for me from now on, it's the pinky underneath!
Yep, pinky underneath, or sometimes pinky and ring finger, since all the weight is balanced on the left hand. For those familiar with the K-01, the thumb-on-shutter "Hendricks Hold" / "gangsta grip" is also useful for arm's-length LiveView shooting.

03-21-2015, 11:43 AM   #80
Veteran Member

The K-S1 shows up again on a worst camera of the year list. This one from Photo Rumors.
Vote for the 2014 worst camera of the year award | Photo Rumors

The good news.. the results of the poll..
https://polldaddy.com/poll/8726713/?view=results