Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's it, I'm in for 2 bodies... unless Pentax comes up with something at CP+ that I want.

12-18-2014, 04:28 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
So what you are saying is that you have some cash left to spend on a new body?
I am happy with my K-5 and K-01, I am happy with my K-5 and K-01, I am happy with my K-5 and K-01, I am happy with my K-5 and K-01,I am happy with my K-5 and K-01...What did you say?
12-18-2014, 05:25 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I could never sell my K-01 . . . . . .
12-18-2014, 05:38 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I could never sell my K-01 . . . . . .
I like mine a lot, but when all is said and done it's just a tool, and the K-S1 does everything better.

12-18-2014, 06:06 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I like mine a lot, but when all is said and done it's just a tool, and the K-S1 does everything better.
Oh I agree completely - but I do keep a small number of cameras I don't use often just because I like having them. My K-3 does everything better than my K10D but is $150 really that important that I would prefer having the money over a twice-a-year spin around the block with my first dSLR?

Maybe my slider is a little more to the collector end of the register.
12-18-2014, 06:50 PM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
My K-3 does everything better than my K10D but is $150 really that important that I would prefer having the money over a twice-a-year spin around the block with my first dSLR?
To me it's really sad how new technology kills off the old value in such a short span of time.
The glass stays classic, but not what's behind it.
12-18-2014, 08:16 PM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm not moving it on for the money. I offered it to a friend on the Forum (with 64 GB SD card and DAL18-55) for the cost of postage. I gave my Q10 + 02 to my godson.
I guess my "collector" slider is further to the left

12-19-2014, 12:33 AM   #23
Veteran Member

The IQ is stunning. There is something about the images I can't quite quantify; it's almost like the old CCD sensor of my K10D.
This intrigues me. I must study the images on the web more. But so far no Imaging Resource, dpreview or DxOMark tests

Also I like what you say about the body ergonomics and the green button placement. Sounds like a 20MP K-x. Which is a good thing.
12-19-2014, 12:39 AM   #24
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Sounds like a 20MP K-x. Which is a good thing.
Or a 20MP K-01. Which is another good thing.
12-19-2014, 10:09 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The IQ is stunning. There is something about the images I can't quite quantify; it's almost like the old CCD sensor of my K10D.

And it looks AWESOME in Moon Silver
After looking at the images posted on this site I know exactly what you are talking about. They are smooth as silk and sharp at the same time. Can't really explain it, but I really, really like the results I am seeing.
12-20-2014, 03:19 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just getting back to the OP: Spiegel online is one of the german websites with the highest traffic (and also good reputation). It's the online "sister" of the probably still most influencial german political newspaper/magazine.
Having the K-S1 listed there and the K-S1 picture heading the complete article will give this camera and Pentax an exposure which would be very expensive with any other marketing tool. Good job!
12-20-2014, 04:23 AM   #27

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Just getting back to the OP: Spiegel online is one of the german websites with the highest traffic (and also good reputation). It's the online "sister" of the probably still most influencial german political newspaper/magazine.
Having the K-S1 listed there and the K-S1 picture heading the complete article will give this camera and Pentax an exposure which would be very expensive with any other marketing tool. Good job!
Very true!