Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-S2 Imaging Resource Nice Hands-On Preview

Here

Pretty complete write-up.

I don't think this kind of thing happens day-of-issue all by itself. Jim Malcolm and Brian McIntosh have done some serious media relations work but they'll never get credit because no one sees it.

Excellent!!

Last edited by monochrome; 02-10-2015 at 02:58 PM.
02-09-2015, 07:51 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Here

Great walkaround write up !!
02-10-2015, 03:23 AM   #3

That camera look great. It has a button for selfies:
02-10-2015, 04:37 AM   #4

Excellent video. They highlight the green button as the secondary selfie shutter button though. BTW the presenter refers to the "popular K-S1" which would imply that the K-S1 is selling and B&H should know. Unlike all the all the negative commenters on PF that have nothing to back up their claims of it being a marketing disaster other than their NFMsNFA reaction.

02-10-2015, 04:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by semaca Quote
That camera look great. It has a button for selfies:
They indicate it's the green button but the Imaging Resource preview says it's actually the more rearward Wi-Fi button which automatically changes to a shutter button when the screen is faced forward.
02-10-2015, 06:20 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Excellent video. They highlight the green button as the secondary selfie shutter button though. BTW the presenter refers to the "popular K-S1" which would imply that the K-S1 is selling and B&H should know. Unlike all the all the negative commenters on PF that have nothing to back up their claims of it being a marketing disaster other than their NFMsNFA reaction.
All I can say Is I am getting steady hits daily on my size comparison and sample photos on flickr, and when I check the source, it's someone searching for "pentax k-s1". So there seems to be interest. Maybe it's morbid interest, or it's one guy wanting to laugh derisively a dozen times a day, seven days a week.

But that's not important. The K-S2 is here, and it sounds like it's a hit, and that's great.
02-10-2015, 07:00 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
But that's not important. The K-S2 is here, and it sounds like it's a hit, and that's great.
Yes, the K-S2 is an exciting camera and is appealing to a wider audience.

Maybe Ricoh or at least Ricoh US should cut some sort of deal with Flickr and offer a coupon for a 1 year Ad Free account. That would get more K-S2 users on Flickr - including a those who don't use or have never heard of Flickr. The built-in WiFi would certainly make it easier for Smartphone or tablet users to upload photos.

02-10-2015, 07:23 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I like this thing more and more... thanks for the link monochrome!
02-10-2015, 08:17 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A few sample shots and short review from B&H here.
02-10-2015, 08:32 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Bravo, indeed! That was a very well written review from both B&H and IR. Ricoh has definitely awakened the slumbering giant called Pentax. The dark ages are over. We are seeing the dawn of a renaissance for the K-mount!
02-11-2015, 03:02 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Here

I don't think this kind of thing happens day-of-issue all by itself. Jim Malcolm and Brian McIntosh have done some serious media relations work but they'll never get credit because no one sees it.

Excellent!!

Fully agree, these guys have done an excellent job in both preparing the detailed article, and then responding to specific questions down below also. Well done!
02-12-2015, 08:09 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm looking for an upgrade to my K-r. I like to shoot macro so I would use the articulated LCD for that, not for selfies. Not sure I would have any use for the Wi-Fi function. What I don't see is any reference to wireless remote on the front or rear of the camera, or preferably both. That would be a must for me.
02-12-2015, 08:36 AM   #13

The specs say it has one wireless IR port in the front. A few of the early previews say two - front and back but some have been edited to one. The photos and videos show one port in the front.
02-12-2015, 09:08 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
The specs say it has one wireless IR port in the front. A few of the early previews say two - front and back but some have been edited to one. The photos and videos show one port in the front.

Thanks - the K-r has just the one and I have seemed to managed OK with that so far.
02-12-2015, 11:53 AM   #15
Veteran Member

One IR sensor works alright indoors on the K-30 from any angle, I suppose the IR bounces off walls. Outdoors might be tricky but a bit of reflective foil worked the one time I tried aiming at the back of the camera.