Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2015, 12:12 PM   #16
Veteran Member

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ricohimaging.imagesync

03-08-2015, 01:21 AM   #17

Original Poster
Thnx for your replies

Yesterday I found it in the Play Store by looking for "Ricoh image sync"

I want to thank everybody for their replies and for looking for the app.
03-08-2015, 10:41 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Found it for Android, still waiting for IOS.
03-09-2015, 04:24 AM   #19

"Image Sync" mobile application for K-S2 is now available for Android devices - RICOH IMAGING UK LTD.

The iOS version of the application is planned to be release by end of March 2015.

03-23-2015, 07:50 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I now have Image Sync running on my Android smart phone, now all I need is the K-S2 !!!
06-25-2015, 02:44 PM   #21
Forum Member

For some reason the app is currently unavailable in the google and iOS stores but you can still download it here:
https://sameapk.com/image-sync/
07-02-2015, 10:49 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Corgi Quote
For some reason the app is currently unavailable in the google and iOS stores but you can still download it here:
https://sameapk.com/image-sync/

Not working. I only see the message:

"Error (429)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled! "

But what happened? Why not be found it on Google Play?

07-07-2015, 04:59 AM   #23

I can't find the "image-sync" app anywhere either.

I just bought a K-S2 and this is very irritating as this remote control facility is one of the K-S2's most important features for me.

There's no explanation to be found anywhere.

What's going on Ricoh/Pentax?
07-07-2015, 07:23 AM   #24
Veteran Member

I looked for information about disappeared "Image Sync",too.
I only found here:
Aplicación Image Sync - PENTAX Foto
I did not understand very clearly with Google translation why the app disappeared.
So I asked the Ricoh (Europe). That is the answer:

"Thank you for contacting Ricoh Imaging.
Herewith we inform you that Image Sync application is currently being updated. It should be available in PlayStore shortly. Please accept our apologies due to the fact that Image Sync application is not available at the moment.
If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center.
Sincerely,
Ricoh Imaging Technical Support
Tel: 0207-949-0059"

Last edited by edri; 07-07-2015 at 07:29 AM.
07-07-2015, 07:53 AM   #25

Thanks for that info. (Y)
07-08-2015, 11:01 PM   #26
Veteran Member

It is back (Android version).
07-09-2015, 12:14 AM   #27

Working OK on my Nexus 5, with only 5 minutes to check before I leave for work.

For some reason my Hudl 2 tablet can't see the app in Google Play, have to check later.
07-09-2015, 12:25 PM   #28

Update:

Force stopping G-Play and then restarting it now shows the Ricoh Image Sync app for my Hudl 2.

Unfortunately the app doesn't fill the screen on the Full HD Hudl 2 screen, though it does on my Nexus 5

What happened to the little icon that you could use to expand apps to fill the screen? More investigation needed.

The good news is that Imagesync works really well on my Nexus 5, once connected you can even change the SSID and password to suit yourself, and connect by tapping the phone on the NFC symbol on the front RH of the K-S2 handgrip.

The transfers are pretty fast, it even focuses my Tamron 18-250 pretty quickly remotely.

I quite like it, and I'm loving the K-S2 even more now, it's going to make night time long exposures and shots of the ISS much easier, with the articulating screen and remote app.

07-30-2015, 10:07 PM   #29

Image Synk ......WHY JUST ANDROID AND APPLE??????

I have a Pentax KS 2 and the most frustrating thing for me is I don't have an android or an I phone.....
So what is Ricoh playing at?
This app should be available to every one weather on PC or Laptop, Blackberry or Windows phone. What is the point of using the app as a marketing catch if not everyone can use it????
Canon and Nikon make these apps available across the board so why not Ricoh?????
Please tell me that you can email me the software that I can install it anywhere I need it and don't be such a bunch of sadists!!!!!
07-31-2015, 04:54 PM   #30
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marreus Quote
I have a Pentax KS 2 and the most frustrating thing for me is I don't have an android or an I phone.....
So what is Ricoh playing at?
This app should be available to every one weather on PC or Laptop, Blackberry or Windows phone. What is the point of using the app as a marketing catch if not everyone can use it????
Canon and Nikon make these apps available across the board so why not Ricoh?????
Please tell me that you can email me the software that I can install it anywhere I need it and don't be such a bunch of sadists!!!!!
Yeah, the advantage of my K-S1 is that you use a web browser rather than a dedicated app. Makes it possible to give a photo you've taken of someone you've just met directly to their phone.

Realistically, these days smartphones are a two platform industry.