Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2015, 06:23 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I think we could start with the dealer agreements. The EU is a very different market from the USA.
...and better coffee, too, I find (no offence meant).

---------- Post added 16th Mar 2015 at 12:26 PM ----------

Seriously, with the closer settlement of Europe (between centres, in particular) you'd think their cost structures would be lower, if anything, but the profit rake-off possibly accounts for the pre-tax differential.

03-17-2015, 05:57 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I think we could start with the dealer agreements. The EU is a very different market from the USA.
Could be. If I look at Nikon, the price is comparable both sides of the Atlantic. It's just Pentax seems to be expensive this side. Typical of me, to want the one that costs the most 😢
03-18-2015, 08:26 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
Don't be confused. First ask yourself WHY are you upgrading? You have a K-30, so already have great IQ. If all you need is low light focusing or a rear remote input, and can live without focus peaking, then the K-5IIs is great. If you need the better resolution because you make huge prints or heavy crops, the K-3 is a great choice. If you want the low-light focusing AND focus peaking, the K-3 or KS-2. If you need quiet shutter speed, get the K-3 or K-5IIs. If you want wifi and/or a tilt screen, the KS-2. Those are the big differences as far as I know.
Can I have a smaller body (metal), tilt screen,silent shutter, wifi and great low light AF without the huge MP?

Thank you for your guidance.

Last edited by wed7; 03-18-2015 at 08:59 PM.
03-18-2015, 08:42 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
Can I have a smaller body (metal), tilt screen, wifi and great low light AF without the huge MP?

Thank you for your guidance.
You're almost describing the MX-1 there

03-18-2015, 11:11 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
You're almost describing the MX-1 there
Almost
03-18-2015, 11:26 PM   #21
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
...and better coffee, too, I find (no offence meant).

---------- Post added 16th Mar 2015 at 12:26 PM ----------

Seriously, with the closer settlement of Europe (between centres, in particular) you'd think their cost structures would be lower, if anything, but the profit rake-off possibly accounts for the pre-tax differential.
Bah, humbug. I presume you mean coffee roasters. Actually, there is a cornucopia of coffee brands available here, good, bad, and superb (not saying Euro-sourced coffee isn't totally great). There are plenty of excellent roasters in the States. Coffee freak here.