Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-12-2015, 03:58 PM   #16

I have an iPhone 5 with the newest update. I may be just missing it, but I am not able to find image sync in the App Store. I can get as far as connecting to my k-s2 wifi but nothing else. Please help. Thank you

07-12-2015, 06:27 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Masmus Quote
I have an iPhone 5 with the newest update. I may be just missing it, but I am not able to find image sync in the App Store. I can get as far as connecting to my k-s2 wifi but nothing else. Please help. Thank you
It should be there, search for ricoh image sync.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-13-2015, 08:39 AM   #18

Image Sync application not available via itunes in USA app store. It does show up in Thailand App Store. How did u guys get it
08-28-2015, 03:23 PM   #19

Photos: Albums
mine keeps saying...

cant join network. i did upper and lower case letters. password is exactly like it shows on communication info screen. it shows up on my iphone 6's wifi, but just cant get it to connect. any ideas?

08-28-2015, 03:28 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does it work with the FLU Card?
08-28-2015, 10:54 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
Does it work with the FLU Card?
i dont have a flu card, just the regular 16g sd card. it doesnt need a flu does it?
02-12-2016, 02:25 PM - 1 Like   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by Marktax Quote
Turn K-S2 on. Enable wi-fi. Connect to the network from the phone. Launch the app. You will see thumbnails of the SD card contents fairly rapidly. Take a photo and it will add in as a new thumbnail. Touch and hold any thumbnail. A daisy-wheel pops up. Touch the camera icon on that wheel. Your camera loads that photo to the app bin on the phone and the phone displays a "complete" message. The camera does not send to the app bin until you do that; the phone only displays the SD thumbnails until you command the download. (That might be the step you are missing.) To copy the photo out of the app bin into the phone's camera roll, touch and hold the thumbnail. The daisy wheel pops up again. Select the phone icon. Photo now visible in the camera roll. Finished.
QuoteOriginally posted by ebooks4pentax Quote
I can control the camera but I cannot see any of the picture I took in the application storage bin. It gives me a choice of Camera Roll album or Application. I can only see the Camera roll album. When I switch to Application, nothing happens. Anybody knows if I am doing something wrong or I have a defective camera?

I had the same problem with my KS2 initally too. its the copy to the app step thats usually forgotten. It works well but is slow

02-13-2016, 02:57 AM   #23

file transfer

It's a real shame that all these manufacturers, instead of writing their own "best" application (that is soon outdated), don't just use a simple web / file server and present the files in a directory that can be read by any windows / linux machine using a web browser or SMB browser, that is compliant with about 90 of PCs, and understood by anyone that has downloaded a file from the internet, or used a media player. They seem to be afraid of using GPL or LGPL.

90% of the time I connect a cable to suck the images down, even when out and about, or a mobile card reader with storage.