Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2015, 05:35 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
First K-S2 image transfer to iPhone using Image Sync

Image Sync for iPhone is now available and works fairly straightforwardly. I just sent this one to my iPhone from my K-S2. The photos land in the application's storage bin, but you can then transfer them to your camera roll. They come over in full size, so if you want to upload a quick snapshot for quick social sharing you might want to downsize on the camera first, assuming you took the photo at the camera's best resolution ("L" and 3 stars). There appears to be a button for direct Facebook share. Haven't tried it yet.

The camera controls -- focus by touch on your phone screen, shutter activation, etc. -- seem intuitive. I just took another picture through the phone and it works fine. I haven't tested the range yet, but my phone sees the K-S2's wi-fi network readily, and it even overpowers my home wi-fi at close range. No password is needed to join the K-S2 wi-fi network.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
03-18-2015, 08:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

thanks Mark. How many shots does the camera battery last in thia mode?
03-18-2015, 10:14 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by danny09 Quote
thanks Mark. How many shots does the camera battery last in thia mode?
I have no idea on battery use yet. Image Sync for iPhone only just came out, so I have done very little testing.
03-18-2015, 10:17 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder if there is any technology sharing between ImageSync for iPhone and the Theta iPhone app. I know in Theta you can't see the image but there are settings you can alter (ISO, for instance) and you do actually control the shutter and transfers from the phone.

I have a Theta but not a K-S2. Oh well. Guess I can't answer my own question.

03-18-2015, 10:23 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marktax Quote
There appears to be a button for direct Facebook share.
The "F" icon in the Image Sync app controls is definitely a share-to-Facebook button. And it works.
03-21-2015, 08:10 PM   #6
Site Supporter

I have the K-S2 and loaded the Image Sync on my iPhone 5s and iPad. I can control the camera but I cannot see any of the picture I took in the application storage bin. It gives me a choice of Camera Roll album or Application. I can only see the Camera roll album. When I switch to Application, nothing happens. Anybody knows if I am doing something wrong or I have a defective camera?

Last edited by ebooks4pentax; 03-21-2015 at 09:21 PM. Reason: added info
03-23-2015, 12:12 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Turn K-S2 on. Enable wi-fi. Connect to the network from the phone. Launch the app. You will see thumbnails of the SD card contents fairly rapidly. Take a photo and it will add in as a new thumbnail. Touch and hold any thumbnail. A daisy-wheel pops up. Touch the camera icon on that wheel. Your camera loads that photo to the app bin on the phone and the phone displays a "complete" message. The camera does not send to the app bin until you do that; the phone only displays the SD thumbnails until you command the download. (That might be the step you are missing.) To copy the photo out of the app bin into the phone's camera roll, touch and hold the thumbnail. The daisy wheel pops up again. Select the phone icon. Photo now visible in the camera roll. Finished.
03-23-2015, 05:07 PM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marktax Quote
Turn K-S2 on. Enable wi-fi. Connect to the network from the phone. Launch the app. You will see thumbnails of the SD card contents fairly rapidly. Take a photo and it will add in as a new thumbnail. Touch and hold any thumbnail. A daisy-wheel pops up. Touch the camera icon on that wheel. Your camera loads that photo to the app bin on the phone and the phone displays a "complete" message. The camera does not send to the app bin until you do that; the phone only displays the SD thumbnails until you command the download. (That might be the step you are missing.) To copy the photo out of the app bin into the phone's camera roll, touch and hold the thumbnail. The daisy wheel pops up again. Select the phone icon. Photo now visible in the camera roll. Finished.
Marktax,

Thanks, it works, although it is a little awkward. The daisy wheel disappear so quickly. I guess it's a matter of getting used to it. It's not that I don't know how to operate Pentax equipment, but this one sent me for a loop.

03-23-2015, 05:36 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ebooks4pentax Quote
The daisy wheel disappear so quickly. I guess it's a matter of getting used to it.
Yes, I had to practice it also but it is easy once you learn it. Also, if you do not need the big files in your phone, I recommend that you resize them in the camera before calling them over.
04-05-2015, 03:24 PM   #10

I've tried both the android and IOS image sync apps, can't get the hang of transfer. (only had the camera 2 days). Pressed multiple, held image got daisy, it dissappears too quickly for me.
05-11-2015, 03:43 PM   #11
DAC

Image sync problem

I too cannot get the daisy wheel to do anything but pop up and disappear immediately.

And I've noticed that my app does not show the home screen at the bottom.

Any suggestions?
05-12-2015, 04:24 AM   #12
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DAC Quote
I too cannot get the daisy wheel to do anything but pop up and disappear immediately.

And I've noticed that my app does not show the home screen at the bottom.

Any suggestions?
Delete the app and reload it maybe? I agree that the app is touchy, perhaps to the point that the sensitivity characteristics of your particular screen make matters worse. The app isn't well designed in that respect, and needs a bug fix.
06-21-2015, 08:13 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hold your finger on a photo without moving the finger even a little bit. When the daisy wheel appears, remove your finger from the screen (don't try to move your finger around the screen to select the daisy wheel). Once your finger is completely removed from the screen, you can click on the daisy wheel. Not super intuitive, for sure!

I'm trying this on IOS. I can get the daisy wheel to work, but when I transfer the image by clicking on the camera icon, I get a little circle in the top left corner that goes round and round for 30 seconds or so, then it tells me the image was transferred, but when I go into the "application" folder, it's blank (just black). Any ideas?

Edit: I'm guessing it's some sort of IOS version incompatibility. I'm on 8.2. I guess this app only works on 8.1??

Last edited by Kozlok; 06-21-2015 at 09:52 AM.
06-21-2015, 08:20 PM   #14
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
I'm guessing it's some sort of IOS version incompatibility. I'm on 8.2. I guess this app only works on 8.1??
I'm on iOS 8.3, having no problems with Image Sync. I've had no problem with it at all.
06-22-2015, 11:09 PM   #15
Site Supporter

I have excerpts froK-S2 e-book that has 8 pages on how to use the Fi-Fi capabilities of the K-S2.
PENTAX DSLRs: How to transfer images from the K-S2, through the Wi-Fi capabilities, to your device Camera Roll and how to post to social media like Facebook..