Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-19-2015, 09:18 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
K-S2 selfie demo

The K-S2 wi-fi button as selfie shutter release is a supremely clever design . . .

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
03-20-2015, 09:11 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice shots.

That button and feature is starting to make a lot of sense.
03-20-2015, 11:50 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
This picture is focused on me more than my son; I'm a touch closer to the camera. I wish I could post a full crop of myself because it is really sharp; unfortunately, I needed a shave worse than I thought so I'm not gonna do that. But this shot with the 15mm Ltd is finally the shot that convinces me of the K-S2 sensor.

As for the selfie shutter release -- you would not be able to do a left-hand, self-facing shot otherwise without risking dropping the camera. It's brilliant, classic Pentax wackiness that puts it a notch above others. BUT NOTE that you pretty much need that 15mm Ltd.!!! A selfie most of the time wants to show the background for context. (Look where I am!) The kit lenses starting at 28mm eq. are just barely wide enough for an arm's length shot back on yourself to show anything else. The 15mm Ltd. is perfect for the job, but in my view it's really a must have to get the best from the feature. Maybe the rear shutter release will drive some 15mm Ltd sales. The DA 10-17mm fisheye is also going to be good for selfie use on the K-S2.

Last edited by Marktax; 03-20-2015 at 12:10 PM.
03-20-2015, 03:07 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That first one is very cool - well they both are, but especially the first one. Makes sense that the 15 Ltd would be a good lens for something like this. Makes me actually think about shooting a selfie - something I normally avoid at all costs.

03-20-2015, 10:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marktax Quote
I needed a shave worse than I thought so I'm not gonna do that
There is a barber shop in the back; what stopped you?
03-21-2015, 06:40 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
There is a barber shop in the back; what stopped you?
Good point! I failed to notice at the time.
03-22-2015, 03:17 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Marktax Quote
This picture is focused on me more than my son; I'm a touch closer to the camera. I wish I could post a full crop of myself because it is really sharp; unfortunately, I needed a shave worse than I thought so I'm not gonna do that. But this shot with the 15mm Ltd is finally the shot that convinces me of the K-S2 sensor.

As for the selfie shutter release -- you would not be able to do a left-hand, self-facing shot otherwise without risking dropping the camera. It's brilliant, classic Pentax wackiness that puts it a notch above others. BUT NOTE that you pretty much need that 15mm Ltd.!!! A selfie most of the time wants to show the background for context. (Look where I am!) The kit lenses starting at 28mm eq. are just barely wide enough for an arm's length shot back on yourself to show anything else. The 15mm Ltd. is perfect for the job, but in my view it's really a must have to get the best from the feature. Maybe the rear shutter release will drive some 15mm Ltd sales. The DA 10-17mm fisheye is also going to be good for selfie use on the K-S2.
post more pics please.......

03-22-2015, 06:07 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vboy Quote
post more pics please.......
Here's one.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
03-23-2015, 02:59 AM   #9