Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2015, 12:23 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
It's another 120g. I just wanted the smallest possible, replacing my K-x.

I understand people like their gadgets, though.
I'm one that likes gadgets, but the smallest, lightest weight wins out right now. I know I'll be tempted by the FF camera when it comes out, all of the people oohing and aahhing over it will definitely make me envious. But then all I'll have to do is go shooting with the K3 to convince me that if I want another camera body, I would be better off with a K-S2 than I would something even heavier than what I already have. I still may decide to buy a second S1 so that I can go out shooting with 2 cameras at the same time again. I found it too much of a problem to try to carry and shoot 2 dissimilar cameras, I found even the K5 and K3 disorienting.

A tilt screen might be nice, but I find the Pentax FLU card works fine for my needs (using a tablet or phone to control the camera) so I'm not so excited about the built-in wireless (it would be nice to not have to change cards when I want to use wireless, but that's a minor issue to me).

03-30-2015, 12:51 PM   #47
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Me too, but I could have called this outcome when I saw the camera at Photokina. We literally have fewer than 20 K-S1 owners here on the forum (per folks' profiles) Even though the camera has been out for half a year now, it's still listed as a "new release" at B&H due to low sales.

There's one small glimpse of hope (in the US market at least). If and when the K-S1 goes on sale, at sub-K-50 prices, I'm sure many will pick one up.
No one bought it on this side of the ocean either.

---------- Post added 30-03-15 at 21:58 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Marktax Quote
Is that your collection? That looks nice.
03-30-2015, 01:36 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Is that your collection? That looks nice.
Thank you. Yes, it is my current over-abundance of Pentax gear, minus the DA10-17, an SMC-A 28mm f2.0, the rest of the Q-system lenses, all the flash gear, and other assorted tidbits like the actual Marc Newson deerskin case for the K-01 that I got as part of a K-01 package purchased as a gift for someone (I retained the case for myself because of its rarity, not its functionality). I'm going to do a 4-way comparison of the 4 dSLR's here as soon as I get the time.