Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2015, 11:59 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-S1 SD card slot failure

I have had my Moon Silver K-S1 for about four months now, and I have loved the small form factor and superb image quality.

However - over the Easter weekend the mechanism which holds the SD card clicked into place stopped working. With the battery/card door closed it still works perfectly, but if the door were to inadvertently open the card would spring out onto the floor. As I bought it from B&H I suspect CR Kennedy may not honour the warrantee, but I will discuss it with them next week.

I just wondered whether this is a known issue, either with the K-S1 or other Pentax models, or whether I am just special

04-10-2015, 01:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I had this happen to a friend's K-x. What I did was to gingerly work the card harder into the slot until something released and locked the card in place again.
Never experienced it before in my cameras though.
04-10-2015, 01:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Usually, it's a trouble with the spring that ejects the card. You can try Steve's suggestion hoping that the pressure will re-seat the spring correctly.
04-15-2015, 02:47 AM   #4
Banned

I have read similar kinds of problems elsewhere also. It is better to try pressing down on the spring while allowing the card to slip by your fingers slowly. If it works fine otherwise try to get your gear rechecked by your manufacturer.