Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-22-2015, 06:44 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by ellicottva Quote
One quick question for you guys. I have a 64 GB SDXC card for my new KS-2. I have taken a few pictures that I want to transfer to my Macbook. However, when I insert the SD card into my laptop, it doesn't even recognize it's existence. So I am totally lost as to how I should transfer images so I could give post processing a try. Please help.
idea 1:
has the SDXC card been initialized ? When you press the blue button with the right arrow, do the pictures show?
idea2:
only remove the SD card after the camera having been switched off. The card then is properly unmounted from the Operating System.
idea3:
connect the camera via the USB cable to the Macbook. My camera did not come with the cable but the USB cable of my Samsung Galaxy phone does the job. The camera then is seen by the PC as external storage.

06-22-2015, 09:56 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ellicottva Quote
One quick question for you guys. I have a 64 GB SDXC card for my new KS-2. I have taken a few pictures that I want to transfer to my Macbook. However, when I insert the SD card into my laptop, it doesn't even recognize it's existence. So I am totally lost as to how I should transfer images so I could give post processing a try. Please help.
Check that the Finder - Preferences shows "CD and DVD ...", when this setting is it will also show a SD card on the desktop, if it's off then it will not turn up on the desktop but you should be able to see it when you open a Finder window, it should be visible under "Devices" in the left column.

You can transfer images to for example the Apple Photos, iPhoto or Aperture application. Just open the SD card and then open the DCIM-folder and inside you'll find folders for the different days and then images inside... just select them and drag them to the application of your choice and they will be imported.

A word of notice: If you plan to shoot RAW images with the K-S2, then please set the camera to the DNG format, not PEF (it is PEF by default factory settings). Currently Mac software like Apple Photos, iPhoto and Aperture can't interpret PEF files from the K-S2, (it's likely to come in a future update) but DNG works just fine. And JPEG's of course.
06-22-2015, 10:32 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OH dear, I wonder how old you MacBook is, does it recognize that card? You might need to buy a card that's compatible with both your Macbook and the camera. The being said, I have this weird thing happen with my iMac, where it doesn't recognize the card the first time I insert it. But if I take it out and put it in again, it does. I have also had times when the computer saw the card but Aperture didn't and I've had to copy the files into a folder on the desktop and load from the desktop.

So first, pull the card out and put it back in again. See if it reads it the second time.

If you have another card that your MacBook does read, try shooting on that and see if it loads from that one. That should get you started.
06-23-2015, 03:32 PM - 1 Like   #19

Original Poster
Just wanted to share some pictures from my latest backpacking trip. First and last pictures is on the kit lens at 20mm and the second is with the 10-20 at 10mm. I dont see a lot of distortion at 10mm but maybe i dont see it. Camera holds up great!

Does anyone use the 40mm pancake? I debating buying it and not taking the kit lens. I dont take any animal pictures because there too fast so i dont think i really need the zoom.

*Note beginner pictures, backpacking with a crappy tripod and from facebook (jpeg) and i briefly used light room.

06-24-2015, 11:57 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You more than likely suffered from slow shutter speeds in the last one; nothing seems to be sharp. Either use tripod or place the camera on the railing of the bridge; switch SR of for those.