Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2015, 09:53 PM   #1
Forum Member

Techradar K-S2 review

Pentax K-S2 review | TechRadar

They have have mostly good things to say about it. The only real negatives they list are no touchscreen, some underexposure in certain high contrast situations, and some purple fringing with the kit lens. The purple fringing seems to be the thing they gripe about the most, which is good, because the solution is simple: just don't buy the kit lens. But this line from their final "verdict" makes me wonder:

QuoteQuote:
For those who can't find a Canon or Nikon camera to suit them, or perhaps those who have vintage Pentax lenses, the K-S2 makes for a fantastic first time DSLR.
Maybe it's just me, but the way they word that, if I were a first time buyer reading reviews to help me choose a new DSLR, I might conclude that I should probably think about buying a Pentax only if I couldn't find something by Canon or Nikon that I like and can afford.

05-08-2015, 05:46 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Did you read the Cnet review....not great and definitely not my experience with the K-S2.
05-08-2015, 07:46 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Freddie Quote
Did you read the Cnet review....not great and definitely not my experience with the K-S2.
The main complaints seem to be the video and that the autofocus can sometimes be flaky. Which is what I've read in most other reviews of the S-2, like the CameraStore review, which has been posted elsewhere here. But I have noticed that C-Net, despite seeming to be a sellout in many other categories, seems to be pretty tough with their camera reviews, for all brands.