Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2015, 08:54 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-S2 detailed review?

Is Pentax Forums going to do a detailed review of the K-S2?

07-17-2015, 09:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've been waiting for one too, don't think they're going to give us more that this:
Pentax K-S2 First Impressions Review - Hands-on Reviews | PentaxForums.com
07-17-2015, 10:43 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yes I would like to see a detailed review of this camera. In particular I want to know how it compares to my K-5 IIs.
07-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Actually at one point I was considering it as a back-up to my K-3, as I've always wanted an articulating screen for low angle macro taken in Live View. The lack of a more detailed review has meant I just realized it got crossed off my list. It's been long time since I even thought of it. But that's Ok as I was going to wait for the price to drop anyway.

07-17-2015, 11:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've owned the K-S2 for a few months now and think it's a great camera.
The articulating screen is very nice, but confess to liking the flip screen on my MX-1 even better.
07-20-2015, 10:29 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
We want a full review of the K-S2

It's been three days and still no response from the Forum staff. Perhaps they haven't noticed this thread. If everyone who would like to see a full review of the K-S2 would reply to this thread maybe we could bring this thread to their attention.
07-21-2015, 01:27 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Every Pentax DSLR will always get an in-depth review on our homepage, though lately we've prioritized publishing more detailed first impressions reviews as early as possible, and making sure that the in-depth reviews are even more thorough. The K-S2 review is in fact almost ready and should be live within the coming weeks (and hopefully before the end of July).

While our first impressions reviews don't featuring numerical ratings, they should give you a good idea of how the camera fares as well as what conclusions to expect in the in-depth review. Though I will say that in this case, the K-S2 does have some surprises up its sleeve

In the mean time, you can also read about the K-S2's new kit lens:
HD vs. SMC Pentax-DA 18-50mm F4-5.6 Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-21-2015, 09:12 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks Adam. I look forward to reading the upcoming review.