Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2016, 08:02 AM   #121
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
I keep my camera out of my jacket and in a small bag instead... keeps the temp constant, no condensation! At best keep it in an outer pocket, less temp change.

Part of my interest in getting a second WR pentax camera that's a bit cheaper than the K3 is to really treat it like a WR camera... attach it to my peak design clip and go everywhere with it... skiing, mountain biking, etc. I go mountain biking with the k3, but skiing I worry about it more for some reason.
I feel the same way. It's a little more "disposable" than more expensive bodies. Not that I want to abuse it, but I'm willing to risk it a little more.

02-08-2016, 08:38 PM   #122

QuoteOriginally posted by Venom3300 Quote
Well I can't speak for the rest of the world, but as for Here in America, it's because nobody knows Pentax still exists. Let alone their latest offering.
. I recently went into retail outlet that sells dslr's and asked for a Pentax part. The sales person stated"never heard of Pentax. I was floored by this response and left the store feeling like a dinosaur. Also A short time ago I went to the camera section of one of our name brand stores and I saw a large stock of Canon,Nikon,Olympus and Sony covering many display shelves and in the far corner 2 Pentax cameras(K-50 and K-s2). No accessories were evident. So it is no wonder that this thread was started and it certainly puts us Pentax owners in a unique category.
02-09-2016, 04:54 AM   #123

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratcheteer Quote
optically i think its better than the 18-55, and collapsible\retractile lenses do look awesome so consider it a good buy
and like most things its only becomes a problem if you dont use it.
Firstly, thank you for your explanation in Post #104.

I got the HD version of this lens at a bargain price separately from the K-S2 and I am impressed with both lens and camera. I have not compared it with the usual 18-55 WR, but its optical quality seems good to me. I really like its low weight and its compact size when retracted, which is actually why I bought it. Most often I am using small Pentax primes (15, 21, 35 and 70), so this lens is an ideal backup in case the weather turns unpleasant.