Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2015, 05:57 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
How does the K-S2 feel with a really large lens like a Tammy 70-200? I don't consider the 18-135 to be a "large" lens for all day use. Most of the time I use a monopod with the larger lens. The addition of the view screen and the new sensor make this a tempting upgrade from my K-30.
Also has anybody attempted to use the K-S2 for sport shots? I have 2 more years of college level cross country running to photograph . Seems like a nice set of specs in a compact body.
Don't quite understand some of the bashing on the forum over the new design and features. Compact size and quality build is what seperated us old Pentax fans from the herd!

10-06-2015, 04:00 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have used the K-S2 with the tammy 70-200 and have no problems with it. I was even able to get some sharp photos of the moon hand held. I have not tried it at sporting event, but I don't do a lot of that anyway.

My main problem in adjusting to the K-S2 is using the rear button for focus like I am use to with my old Canon and then K-5 II. The button placement is not right for me and I kept pushing the "review" button instead and then having to actually look at the camera to find the AE button. I have decided to move the focus back to the shutter button for half press and use the AE lock button for locking the AE. For those times when I want to be pre-focus on something I will just use the shutter button to obtain the focus and then switch the camera to manual focus so it won't change as I compose the shot.

Other than that, I love the camera.
10-07-2015, 06:01 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think nothing of using the even smaller K-S1 with the Tammy 70-200 and the Sigma 150-500 'Bigmos'.

The technique of supporting the weight of everything with the left hand and forearm suits them perfectly when off the monopod or tripod.