Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2015, 06:12 PM   #16
Forum Member

It worked perfectly with my Sony Xperia Z1 and now with my Z5. Android 5.1.1

I just enabled the NFC on the phone, touched the camera and they synced.

Sorry to state the obvious, but don't forget to set the camera to LV and to put the slide setting in Image Sync to the camera setting.

12-01-2015, 12:15 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Wingincamera Quote
Nighjar64, can you tell me how you set up your Galaxy for it to work? I have the S5 and cannot get the live view portion to show on the phone. I can take pictures, change all the settings using the phone, but can's see the actual picture. I must not be doing something right.
Hi:

My english is not good. I have an Galaxy edge S6 with android 5.1.1

Image Sync work fine. I select the camera network and when the phone connect with the camera generally I obtain a live view. If not I touch twice (off-on) live view button
Another time I go to the gallery and then return to the camera shooter.
That's all !!!
I suppose that the trouble was in the android version

Cordially
12-06-2015, 12:52 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by whyhaveone Quote
It worked perfectly with my Sony Xperia Z1 and now with my Z5. Android 5.1.1

I just enabled the NFC on the phone, touched the camera and they synced.

Sorry to state the obvious, but don't forget to set the camera to LV and to put the slide setting in Image Sync to the camera setting.
As stated before, and checked again.

The camera WiFi is on and in Live View, the camera is connected to the phone or tablet and can be controlled - aperture - shutter speed - shutter - focus etc.

The 'Live View' icon on the tablet screen is just greyed out. I've waited a few minutes at a time, but it never works.
12-06-2015, 01:41 PM   #19

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I am still in conversation with Ricoh about this.

12-06-2015, 02:07 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by redimp Quote
I am still in conversation with Ricoh about this.
That's good to know, thanks for the update.

The next time I'm at my daughter's, I'll try her K-S2 on my Android devices, and mine on her iPhone, just to make sure that I don't have a camera issue.

In fact "her" K-S2 is the one she 'stole' from me, and I had to buy another second hand one, when she insisted that her K-30 had started with the common black frames problem. The K-30 has worked fine for me since, after I cleaned the lens contacts.

Kids, who'd have 'em eh?
12-08-2015, 12:28 AM - 1 Like   #21

Update to my post above:

Both K-S2 cameras show live view on the iPhone Image Sync app.

Neither of them show live view on the app on several android devices, the icon is always greyed out, even though the remote control functions work OK.

My conclusion - the Android Image Sync app is broken on some Android versions. All the phones and tablets we've tried have been Android 5.1 upwards, with a Nexus 5 running Android 6.0

Redimp, if I can help to get this working in any way, in collaboration with you/Ricoh, please let me know.
12-14-2015, 03:14 PM   #22

Original Poster
I seriously hope that Ricoh do not regard this as 'resolution'
QuoteQuote:
Thank you for contacting Ricoh Imaging.
In answer to your question regarding inability to use LiveView function on LG G3 phone we would like to inform yoyu that some functions of the app may indeed not work properly on all phones due to Android customization of the phone manufacturer. If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center.
because I will be very disappointed and will ensure that they know it.

12-14-2015, 03:40 PM   #23

Ha ha, exactly how much 'customization' of Android does a Nexus 5 have?

It's the usual, mushroom, treatment - keep the "customer" in the dark and feed them ****

What a shame, because this was a very useful feature, that definitely used to work on my K-S2 and Nexus 5
12-14-2015, 03:56 PM   #24
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

The Nexus is surely the purest of the Androids?
12-15-2015, 02:17 AM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
The Nexus is surely the purest of the Androids?
Quite, I should have added a 'rolleyes'.
01-11-2016, 04:37 AM   #26

I've since tried both of our K-S2 bodies on various further versions of Android on different devices, even a TV box.

None of these combinations have Live View, it's always greyed out.

Both cameras work fine on the iOS app.

Just sayin' - Ricoh obviously don't care, which is a shame, as the facility was one of my reasons for buying this particular camera,
01-11-2016, 07:39 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have an android phone running kitkat.
the wifi sometimes works for a short time, even live view, then loses connection.
it was a lesser reason for buying the K-S2, but really wish they would fix the problems.
01-11-2016, 08:12 AM   #28

Ironically, I'm a Linux user, but I just tried the Windows program written by a forum member here (czielke), to connect to the camera while I was doing some maintenance on my rarely used Win7 partition.

The Live View in this supposedly beta application works perfectly, where the Ricoh Android one doesn't.
01-15-2016, 02:28 PM   #29
Forum Member

So not only is the wifi feature bizarrely thought out, being an AP and all, and with no PC/Mac version, but then it doesn't even work on half the phones, or whatever percentage it is. And everyone has the latest phones and Android versions? Not hardly. This Pentax wifi is a really, really sorry decision making and management disaster.

Might as well not even think of it as there. Toshiba has some less expensive wifi SD cards out there, although the reviews indicate that they work great for some people, not others. Sound familiar?

Yet every stinking cheap phone connects and if so chosen, offloads pictures w/o even a moment of intervention after being set up.
01-15-2016, 05:04 PM   #30
Forum Member

i went over to Google Play (something wrong with STORE? What if I want to work, not play? Jeeez......) and while there saw something about downloading an app for the Ricoh Theta, which I have never heard of. (I've not heard of many things!) Based on the ads and the video, this toy camera GETS WIFI FUNCTIONS THAT THE DSLR'S DON'T! What is up with decisions like this?

BTW, I have played a bit with that Sourceforge program for PC's. I found it buggy, inconsistent, and although it viewed pics on my SD card, I couldn't do anything with them. I think it was probably developed more for the remote control features than photo movement.