Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2016, 05:14 PM   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by paulvzo Quote
So not only is the wifi feature bizarrely thought out, being an AP and all, and with no PC/Mac version, but then it doesn't even work on half the phones, or whatever percentage it is. And everyone has the latest phones and Android versions? Not hardly. This Pentax wifi is a really, really sorry decision making and management disaster.
Not much uniformity out there, Paul.

I also have a Sony A7 and Samsung Mini NX and they work much the same way.

The Pentax Flucard on my K-S1 does work with a couple of browsers on a PC.

In any event, I transfer the RAW files by card reader for PP - I use the wireless only for remote shooting. ☺

01-15-2016, 05:19 PM   #32
Forum Member

Like the toy theta, it would be nice to, say, take a particularly great shot and send it to other's phones whether they are in the room or around the world (with a wifi connection, of course.)

I would have preferred they not even have included it as a feature. It hurts more to be promised and then hurt, than to never have been promised.

Like love?
01-15-2016, 07:06 PM   #33
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Like the toy theta, it would be nice to, say, take a particularly great shot and send it to other's phones whether they are in the room or around the world (with a wifi connection, of course.)
Well, that's what I like about the Flu Card. If someone on public wants a copy of the picture, there and then they join the camera's network and download it by browser.

I would have preferred they not even have included it as a feature. It hurts more to be promised and then hurt, than to never have been promised.

Like love?
Ooh, trouble in paradise, the honeymoon's over, Paul! 😀
01-16-2016, 03:17 AM   #34

Bizarre indeed.

I took some pics with myK-S2 and old Tamron 350 Cat yesterday, and I was looking at them on my Nexus 5. Live view still wasn't working, so I went to the Play Store on my laptop to see what version Image Sync was up to.
I got offered the chance to leave a review, so I left a one star review and un-installed Image Sync. I then re-installed it and, lo and behold, Live View started working.

I can't believe it, the number of times I've tried deleting the app, clearing cache, force stop and restart, re-installing etc, and it suddenly starts working again.

Now the interesting bit - I tried it again on all my other Android devices, from KitKat up to Lollipop (only the Nexus 5 has Marshmallow) and still none of them have Live View working.

There must be something in the OS that's preventing Image Sync working with certain combinations of OS version and phone/tablet.

If only Ricoh would engage with their customers and ask for debug info, I'm sure that this could be solved.

01-16-2016, 09:51 AM   #35
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Well, that's what I like about the Flu Card. If someone on public wants a copy of the picture, there and then they join the camera's network and download it by browser.

Ooh, trouble in paradise, the honeymoon's over, Paul! 😀
Ha ha, yes, the bride farts in bed. Oh, well. It is what it is. While I'll try to stay updating on possible developments or new options, I won't spend any more angst about it!
01-16-2016, 03:26 PM   #36
Forum Member

Well, to wrap it up, my old Android phone came, spent way too much time fighting it and the camera, downloaded the app, finally get them to talk to each other, and...................nothing. The app splash screen comes on for a few seconds and then just the black void.

And yes, it should work with my version 2.6 something according to the app requirements.

What a waste. Some Ricoh manager needs to be fired. This is not the proverbial rocket science to make a simple app. Out $20 for the phone. So, no remote shutter, either. Guess I'll build my own mechanical one.
03-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thought I would post the update on this thread in case someone has missed the new Image Sync update. Pentax finally updated it to work with the K-1.
Image Sync now works with my K-S2 and Samsung S5. Before I could change settings & take a picture with the phone, but no live view. Now I have liveview on the phone. Also, with live view you can just touch the screen where you want to focus too. Funny, it is still called version 1.1.0 at the Google Play store, but it is different. I uninstalled the old one and installed the new version.

03-15-2016, 11:18 AM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by Wingincamera Quote
Thought I would post the update on this thread in case someone has missed the new Image Sync update. Pentax finally updated it to work with the K-1.
Image Sync now works with my K-S2 and Samsung S5. Before I could change settings & take a picture with the phone, but no live view. Now I have liveview on the phone. Also, with live view you can just touch the screen where you want to focus too. Funny, it is still called version 1.1.0 at the Google Play store, but it is different. I uninstalled the old one and installed the new version.
Thanks for the heads up

The app now works with my Nexus 5 (Marshmallow) and Hudl 2 tablet (Lollipop)

I only have one slight niggle still remaining - a lot of screen space is wasted both on the phone and tablet, could we have an option for the Live View in landscape with the buttons down the side?

Thanks Ricoh.
03-16-2016, 02:45 AM   #39
Forum Member

Another tip (Sony Xperia Z5 and K-S2).

LV will not work (though you can take photos and view what's on the camera) if the camera is set to multi-exposure.
03-16-2016, 03:00 AM   #40

QuoteOriginally posted by whyhaveone Quote
Another tip (Sony Xperia Z5 and K-S2).

LV will not work (though you can take photos and view what's on the camera) if the camera is set to multi-exposure.
Have you tried removing/uninstalling the app and reinstalling it from the Play store since the update?
03-16-2016, 09:42 AM   #41
Forum Member

Yes - that's since the update. It works fine as long as the camera is set to a single exposure.
05-07-2016, 06:12 AM   #42
Veteran Member

No luck with my k-1 and ipad, no lv but can take images no problem
05-07-2016, 01:56 PM   #43
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by melander Quote
No luck with my k-1 and ipad, no lv but can take images no problem
Set to single exposure?

No problem on my S6.

08-17-2016, 12:59 AM   #44

My K-1 is set to single exposure, but no live view with Image sync. All the other functions work including touch AF, but no live view. Disabling and enabling the lv button on the app just lets the Camera flicker but return to the normal display (with apartue, shutter speed and so on). I tried with current image sync 1.1.1 and two android 6 devices (LG G3, Sony tablet). Are there still other users with that problem?

Gesendet von meinem SGP611 mit Tapatalk
09-10-2016, 04:07 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Same for Blackberry Classic