Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2015, 05:40 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Help copying photos from K-S2 to phone

Decided to get the K-S2 - primarily for the added wi-fi. So now I've downloaded the image app for my Samsung 5. I've figured out how to get phone to recognize camera, etc. An phone does work well as far as operating the camera (taking the photos - I even see live view). But I cannot figure out how to transfer the photos to the phone memory. I can see my gallery images in the Image Sync (far left page). I can see the photos I've taken within the middle page of image sync. (the right page operates the camera).

But I can't move, copy, text, or email the photos I've taken with the K-S2. If I turn off the camera, I can't even see the photos because the connection is lost. Can someone offer advice?

09-20-2015, 07:44 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm thinking I will just return the K-S2. I have ok success using my eye-fi card - biggest challenge is it downloads EVERYTHING on the card, so I need to keep the images sent to the eye-fi at a minimum. Fortunately, the K-3 has two slots so it is not so hard to do.
09-21-2015, 08:56 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
rtf, but i will look it up my gf has the ks2
09-21-2015, 08:03 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
1 - Turn on the Wi-Fi on the K-S2
2 - Log on to the K-S2's Wi-Fi on your smart phone
3 - Open the Image Sync app
4 - Open the camera's gallery (the "Play" sign with the camera in the corner - the center symbol at the bottom of the Image Sync app)
5 - Long press on the image you want to transfer
6 - Select the "Send via Wi-Fi" button (to the right of the circular window that pops up - it looks like a camera with a Wi-Fi signal coming from it)
7 - Look in your smart phones "Files" folder (My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 does not automatically put the image in my "Gallery". I have to go find it in "Files" and move it to "Gallery")

Good luck!

09-21-2015, 08:56 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you. A little bit of trouble with being able to do steps 6 and 7 consistently, but at least I have had some success.

Not sure why it would be so difficult to provide those steps in the app - but it reinforces why this community is so good....
09-21-2015, 09:05 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by KevinG Quote
Thank you. A little bit of trouble with being able to do steps 6 and 7 consistently, but at least I have had some success.

Not sure why it would be so difficult to provide those steps in the app - but it reinforces why this community is so good....
You can also mass-select files using an icon at the top of the image view screen, then hold your finger down on the screen to transfer the files.

Some screenshots can be found under the "image view" heading below:
Pentax K-S2 Review - Wi-Fi Features | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-21-2015, 09:07 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Happy to help! I haven't had much trouble sending the files, really, but it is much faster to send the smallest file possible, and make sure your camera's battery is fully charged.

Best scenario for me (since I shoot RAW) is to do RAW development in-camera, all the edits and filters I want, then save the resulting image as an XS JPEG, then I can send it to the phone for other tweaks (like minor rotation correction) and post it to Facebook or Flickr or wherever.

I've never used the Flu-Card or Eye-Fi card, so I can't give any input to that method... Whatever works!
09-29-2015, 11:01 PM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Killing it now. The app could sure work better (faster, more intuitively), but I really do like the K-s2. It is a nice lightweight alternative to the K-3.

Thank you again for all the coaching on this.

12-01-2015, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #9

Thanks, severalsnakes, for this great post. Following your steps, I've finally had success using Image Sync to transfer images from my KS2 to my Galaxy S5. I was starting to think that the KS2's Wi-Fi functionality was all in vain, even with a newly upgraded phone!

One point I'd like to add, that I hope is not ridiculously obvious to other readers: when you have your camera's gallery displayed on your phone through the Image Sync app and are long-pressing on an image that you want to transfer, make sure it is a JPEG. When I first attempted this, I was inadvertently long-pressing RAW images from when I'd shot JPEG + RAW, and those won't work. I was about to give up when this somehow dawned on me!
03-11-2017, 08:59 AM   #10

Image Sync is such a wonderful device! It took me no more than a few hours to figure out how to download six pictures I wanted to share in WhatsApp.

Kjell