Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2015, 10:05 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-S1 handling

I snagged a cheap, but completely functional Pentax Super Program recently, and I've found that it fits my hand like it was built for it. It's easily the most comfortable camera I've ever held (however I haven't used it with any large lenses yet). I also have a KX film camera, K-x DSLR, and used to have a K-30 and other cameras from other manufacturers.

My question to you lies in the fact that I've been wanting to upgrade my DSLR, and to that end have read tons of reviews and complaints on poor handling features of the K-S1. It appears fairly similar in size/shape to the Super Program, which I'm presently smitten with. Do any of you have both, and if so, can you make a comparison? Can you compare the handling to any other camera, film or otherwise?

10-22-2015, 11:57 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I actually do have a Super Program body somewhere. The K-S1 body is heavier and thicker front-to-back, so the feel isn't exactly the same, but I think it is closer than the typical thick-gripped DSLR. The K-S1 grip is rubberized and scalloped on the front inner edge, so your fingers hook into it every so slightly. It actually did remind me a little of the removable 'wedge' grip on the Program and P5 bodies. The K-S1 also reminds me of the K-x, in terms of weight and compactness. I think it would be kind of a cross between the Super Program and the K-x, if that makes any sense.