Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2015, 08:05 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Can rear dial be set to change iso in A mode?

I am wondering if the rear dial can be set to change the iso in Aperture priority mode with the K-S1, which has no front dial? I would then change aperture by either using the lens aperture ring or holding the exposure comp button and then turning the rear dial. Is this possible? Thanks!

Last edited by stillshot2; 11-07-2015 at 09:26 AM.
11-09-2015, 01:38 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What you're describing isn't possible, unfortunately. Also, if you were to use the aperture ring you'd have to stop-down meter since Pentax DSLRs lack the classic aperture coupler. However, in Sv mode the e-dial will control the sensitivity, so you could try that alongside exposure compensation.

It also sounds like you'd really be able take advantage of the improved interface on more advanced models

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-09-2015, 07:44 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
It would be for using an m42 lens on the K-S1, so I do not need stop down metering. I know Sv mode does not work with an m42 lens on my K30, which is a known issue of the K30's contacts not getting shorted out when using an m42 lens or something of that matter. So does the K-S1 have the same issue or will Sv mode work with an m42 lens on the K-S1?