Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2015, 08:43 AM   #1

K-S2 Live View Exposure Simulation/Preview

Does the Pentax K-S2 have complete implementation of Exposure simulation, including Aperture Preview??

Canon has a complete implementation of Exposure simulation, even in it's entry level offerings, Nikon is pretty bad in this regard, It does not provide it during clicking stills in it's APSC cameras, only in movie mode, that too not with aperture preview.

So is the Live view exposure preview K-S2 up to the mark with Canon??

12-04-2015, 08:48 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I believe you can set the RAW/Fx button to DoF preview in either liveview or viewfinder. (At least I can in my K-50)
DoF preview stops down the aperture to the F-stop you are shooting at.
12-04-2015, 09:04 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
utton to DoF preview in either liveview or viewfinder. (At least I can in my K-50)
DoF preview stops down the aperture to the F-stop yo
DoF preview is good feature, but I'm saying does the Live view screen reflect changes made to Aperture-ISO-Shutter in realtime (changes made to exposure)..... like it must become dark when I lower the aperture or increase shutter speed the screen goes dark and and vice versa??

see this at 23:20
12-05-2015, 08:10 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by anu l Quote
DoF preview is good feature, but I'm saying does the Live view screen reflect changes made to Aperture-ISO-Shutter in realtime (changes made to exposure)..... like it must become dark when I lower the aperture or increase shutter speed the screen goes dark and and vice versa??

see this at 23:20
Canon T6s - T6i vs Nikon D5500 Epic Shootout Review | Which Camera to Buy Tutorial - YouTube
Nope, that is not available. I checked all the settings I could find for liveview and there isn't any setting that changes it. That would be a super nice feature to have though.

12-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's no full-time preview, but activating the dof preview should get the lens to stop down. In M mode you'll also get a better preview of the actual exposure.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-07-2015, 10:30 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AndyB Quote
Nope, that is not available. I checked all the settings I could find for liveview and there isn't any setting that changes it. That would be a super nice feature to have though.
I am getting a different answer here !!

K-S2 Live View Exposure Simulation/Preview Implementation: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
12-08-2015, 12:15 PM - 1 Like   #7

Yup, my mistake, I was trying it on other modes, but not manual which makes sense when I think about it. Sorry about that. It does definitely change when you make adjustments in manual mode.
12-08-2015, 12:52 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
it's nice when not using flash but with manual flash you shoot blind because live view can't adjust for the light that isn't there until you press the shutter release. I wish I could turn it off. Yet it's great for concerts when I need to shoot above the crowd.