Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2015, 03:42 PM   #1

Aperture,Shutter and ISO value blinking

I have used Olympus and Nikon digital cameras and not experienced what my K-s2 is doing. In dim lighting my three exposure indicators blink together. I am using the kit lens with a max aperture of f4. I pop up the flash and the aperture value keeps blinking but the ISO says auto and the shutter defaults to 1/60. Exposures seem to be ok but why this constant blinking? Is the camera metering out of range or is this a fault in my camera or is this common to all K-s2 equipment??

Last edited by Pentax Frank; 12-28-2015 at 11:17 PM.
12-13-2015, 02:15 PM   #2

Original Poster
Solution found

After some thought and experimentation I have found a solution re the three exposure blinking in low light conditions. I noticed when I would go to live view the threshold of blinking was lower than using the optical finder.Also if I popped up the flash in live view all blinking stopped but the shutter would do its normal thing and go to 1/60 second. So this is what I did. I put the camera in manual mode using live view,popped up the flash and put it manual mode and dialed down the strength to 128, then dialed down the shutter to get the desired exposure.On scene shots the weak flash output has no effect on exposure. Doing close up shots the flash did ruin the exposure or effect I was looking for so I placed a little black hood over the flash and problem solved. That is a little work to get rid of that annoying blinking but for me it is worth it!!.I still had a book on night shooting from my film days and it gave a lot of recommended settings for low light shooting and I used some of them and voila great results.The K-s2 is a great tool and very happy to have features that made all this possible.

Last edited by Pentax Frank; 12-29-2015 at 10:47 AM.
12-13-2015, 03:09 PM   #3
Site Supporter

If you're on a tripod, you should turn SR off.