Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2016, 07:32 AM   #1
Forum Member

KS-2 Flip LCD in Mexican Bars

I went to Cd. Acuna, Mexico for dental work last week. Third time since 2007. As always, great service at great prices. Oh, wait, this is about Pentax, right?

I like street photography. The KS-2's flip screen is a great aid for this purpose. People tend to think that if the camera is up to the photographer's eyes, no picture is being taken.

I first have to confess that I am, in my travels, both stupid and brave. I go into situations that many wouldn’t, and I’ve been rewarded with great experiences to remember. Most great, a few negative. Sometimes, even photographs.

I visited a bar in Acuna that I’ve been in before. (BTW, two Dos XX’s, a shot of good tequila, $4. ) Using the K-S2's flip screen I got a couple of shots without suspicion because I’m not holding the camera up to my eye, ya know?

A couple of days later I was in Cd. Pietras Negras, about 50 miles south of Acuna. In the afternoon, I went into a bar and got the ambience. Later, I met a couple of guys that spoke better English that I do Spanish, and even later, we headed out to a bar...........turns out to be the same on I had visited earlier.

Well.............I tried uploading four images, it said it was doing so, but nothing here on preview. What am I doing wrong?

My rig, if you will, is a medium sized case that has a built in waist strap. So, I can have the pouch right in front of my belly. Relatively safe. I do not carry the camera on the strap on my shoulder in these situations, too much potential to be a victim. I take it out for each shoot.

So, back in the bar. By then, many people. Couples, singles, putas, all types. I got a fair number of exposures, no one the wiser thanks to that flip screen. I mostly went auto everything, a few manual focus presets. Wow, ISO 51,200! Sure, noise, but better than nothing, right?

I also used the flip screen for a few automotive shots. Allowed me to shoot from a low perspective without, oh, laying on the ground? Oddly, I passed that green VW two days later heading south on Ruta Federales 2 going to Pietres Piedras where the bar pictures are from./