Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2016, 07:31 AM   #1

Lens

Hi
I have a Sigma 18-250 lens with image stabilisation and as I haven't had a lens like this before I was wondering if I should use it as well as my K-S2s stabilisation.Thanks.

03-01-2016, 09:00 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Generally, you should only use one image stabilization system at a time because otherwise they'll fight each other and blur the image.

I'm not familiar with the 18-250. My only Sigma lens is a 50-500, and that has optical stabilization with 2 modes: one for full stabilization for normal shots, a second that allows panning. I use the panning feature so I turn off Pentax shake reduction whenever I use that lens. If your 18-250 only has a simple on-off setting, then maybe leave it off all the time so you don't have to keep remembering to reset Pentax shake reduction.
03-01-2016, 04:44 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Generally, you should only use one image stabilization system at a time because otherwise they'll fight each other and blur the image.

I'm not familiar with the 18-250. My only Sigma lens is a 50-500, and that has optical stabilization with 2 modes: one for full stabilization for normal shots, a second that allows panning. I use the panning feature so I turn off Pentax shake reduction whenever I use that lens. If your 18-250 only has a simple on-off setting, then maybe leave it off all the time so you don't have to keep remembering to reset Pentax shake reduction.

Thanks for your suggestions. I thought that might be the case so I`ll switch it off.