Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2016, 03:31 PM   #1

Pentax K-S2 video mode (autofocus?)

Hi All,

I've been playing around with video mode, and while I know it isn't a strength of the camera I was wondering whether the autofocus is meant to be so slow?

It seems to take forever to snap in after pressing the AF button on the back whereas manual focusing is really quite quick as expected.

Also, is the focus peaking also meant to be quite faint (and white only?)

Thanks

03-16-2016, 05:29 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess they made the AF slow during recording for the smoothness. Prior to recording it runs at full speed.

I don't think focus peaking works during recording, but white is currently the only color option.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: