Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2016, 09:45 AM   #1

K-S2 fine autofocus details (in/out of focus?) 18-50 lens

Hi All,

I picked up a nearly new K-S2 a little while ago and have found it good for the most part, however, it seems finding absolute focus at times can be hit and miss.

E.g. I was taking pictures of a detailed ornament in the house to check focus, and it would seem that it would fade in/out of focus on where I was focusing when checking.

It got better if I went from f5.6 to f8 and then seemed pretty stable.

I was using 1 single autofocus point, jpeg settings were the same throughout, aperture priority and I had antishake on and also tried it off (didn't make a difference) the lens is the 18-50.

Does the lens need fine AF adjustment or is there something else at play here?

Thanks.

04-03-2016, 09:59 AM   #2
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hr21 Quote
Hi All,

I picked up a nearly new K-S2 a little while ago and have found it good for the most part, however, it seems finding absolute focus at times can be hit and miss.

E.g. I was taking pictures of a detailed ornament in the house to check focus, and it would seem that it would fade in/out of focus on where I was focusing when checking.

It got better if I went from f5.6 to f8 and then seemed pretty stable.

I was using 1 single autofocus point, jpeg settings were the same throughout, aperture priority and I had antishake on and also tried it off (didn't make a difference) the lens is the 18-50.

Does the lens need fine AF adjustment or is there something else at play here?

Thanks.
Have a look at this thread...
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/184-pentax-k-s1-k-s2/316240-picture-sharp...play-back.html