Forest Green 44.60%
Desert Beige 11.15%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2016, 07:02 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
K-S2 -What color did you get?

I do like the fact that Pentax/Ricoh makes their mid line cameras available with color options. I am currently retiring my crystal red k30, and looking at the ks2. What color did you all get?

03-29-2016, 02:30 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I went for the standard black. The camera still looks the part with the green LEDs here and there

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-29-2016, 07:54 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
My initial impression was to go conservative and get black. Then a saw they slate gray a thought it looked pretty classy. Unfortunately there seems to be a price premium for that one.

Then there's another side of me that likes the flashy colors. The black / orange is relatively subtle, but the white / lime really pops!
03-31-2016, 11:35 PM   #4

Generally a black color on a DSLR should seem very professional, but in case of K-S2 it somehow doesn't fit in. A reason could be that the finishing isnt uniform, you have gloss, matte & different designs all over. A single color looks better when used with a monolithic texture.

two colors seem better when you have a design like the K-S2. So for me the Orange Black variation looks best, very sporty & rugged looking. Also the forest/wildlife colors look nice.

04-04-2016, 03:37 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Normally I would have gone for all black, but when I was shooting with Canon I really liked those white lenses. so I got the all white camera. I was told white takes better photos..... At the time the white one was on sale, came with the white 18-55 kit lens, which I sold (already have the 18-135). Now, with Canon I had a black camera body with white lenses, now I have a white camera body with black lenses. Go figure.
04-04-2016, 04:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Its too bad that so many of these colours (just like the K-r and K-50 and K-S1 before) were only available in some locations or on special order.
I'm still sticking to my silly yellow K-01 for now, but that black/orange K-S2 looks really great
04-04-2016, 07:56 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I just got mine in today! I went with the less common White/Lime combo. I've never had a white camera before, hopefully I can keep it clean!

04-11-2016, 04:56 AM   #8

Standard black here. My everyday on-the-camera lens is a DA 18-135 WR, which isn't available in white, since it isn't a professional zoom designed for arena sports and wildlife - and with that lens attached the white camera did not look any better than the black.

I've seen rare comments from people in the hottest shadeless climates who find that a white body is slower to heat up than a black one, but do not live in such a place, and I do deal with every year wintry conditions that occasionally challenge the temperature ratings of a Pentax camera. I opted to retain what heat I can obtain from the weak sun on the days I spend snapping shots of my child in the snow.

When I bought my black K-S2, I did look at the white one to see whether it would be less intimidating than the black. I imagined myself with a DA21 for as the tiny prime with the normal view for snapping street shots. I matched the white camera with the silver DA21 and the black with the black DA21. To my eyes, the white combination was no less of an intrusion.
04-11-2016, 05:28 AM   #9
Forum Member

i LOVE that pentax is really the only company that tries to spiff up our otherwise fairly conservative hobby. i couldnt resist the black with the tricked out orange baseplate. just different enough to make me smile when i pick it up, and create a bit of a buzz when i'm out with it.
04-11-2016, 08:49 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rbelyell Quote
i LOVE that pentax is really the only company that tries to spiff up our otherwise fairly conservative hobby. i couldnt resist the black with the tricked out orange baseplate. just different enough to make me smile when i pick it up, and create a bit of a buzz when i'm out with it.
I totally agree with you!
04-13-2016, 01:24 PM   #11

Hmm, originally I had the very nice black/orange body, then my 18 yr old daughter stole it (actually she told me her K30 had the infamous exposure fault and I gave her my K-S2, then found that the K30 was fine after all) so I bought a S/H black body - kids, who'd have 'em?
04-13-2016, 01:35 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have the white with a stripe, the "Storm Trooper" but I got it because it was on sale. I wouldn't have probably gotten anything other than black but it's grown on me and people favorably comment on it a lot.
04-13-2016, 04:43 PM   #13
Veteran Member

No Forest Green owners yet?
I really wanted that one, but a black showed up in Amazon's warehouse deals for a good price and I jumped.
No regrets, but I still like the looks of the green one best.
04-25-2016, 10:51 AM - 2 Likes   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went with the forest green. I actually took almost 2 months to get it but I think it was worth it. It looks very good with the few silver lenses I have and almost as good with the black ones.

NaCl(and definitely different from everyone else's )H2O
05-03-2016, 08:28 AM   #15

I got the Storm Trooper colored KS2 because it's all they had at Costco. I really wanted the white body, grey grip, and lime green accent on bottom. I think that's really attractive look.