Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2016, 12:01 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Which parameters are mode dependent

Thought I would set up USER2 on my K-S2 for Flash, this got me thinking what parameters I would set. This followed on to a more fundamental question, what parameters can be manipulated, varied and stored for every picture mode available. What parameters are universal and thus the same and set for all modes. Maybe I have not understood the manual instructions but I do not know the answer. Is there one? All comments appreciated.

Last edited by fb_penpho; 04-08-2016 at 03:07 PM. Reason: make clear what camera
04-08-2016, 01:32 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe that almost everything in the record menu, control panel, and drive mode/custom image/flash/white balance menus is fair game for being saved in a USER preset. Custom functions and camera setup parameters (such as LCD hue or flicker reduction) are always global AFAIK.

Now, if you're not using a USER mode, then there's only one set of settings that applies to all non-USER modes.

The camera also has a memory menu that allows you to configure which parameters should be reset after the camera is powered off. This is useful in ensuring that something like exposure compensation doesn't inadvertently stay on.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-08-2016, 02:37 PM   #3
Pentaxian

On my K-3II the manual states that settings that can be saved are Exposure Mode (except for Green mode), Sensitivity, EV Compensation, AE Metering, AF Point, Flash Mode, Drive Mode, White Balance, Custom Image, the Camera (camera symbol) 1-4 menu settings (with exceptions), and the C 1-4 menu settings.
04-28-2016, 10:46 AM   #4

Original Poster
Bug found with USER and manual lens

The problem is with Edial mapping when using FULLY manual lens (NO A PIN) and the USER settings.

When using manual lens with A pin, both Edial mappings work. When going to USER, both the Edial settings show up.

Replace the manual lens with a fully manual lens (NO A pin), then the Aperture Edial mapping ends. Not surprising as the aperture is selected by the aperture ring. However when going to USER, the shutter speed Edial mapping which had been available has also ended. This is the bug in V1.10. firmware.