Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2016, 11:09 AM   #1

KS2 - iPhone 5 - Image Sync not finding camera

Just got the KS2, the wifi being a big selling point. Downloaded the image sync app but I can't connect. The iPhone 5 has to be connected manually but that's not possible without the network button showing. Watched videos, read guides, they all say "just tap the button to enter manually". Found one which said if no home screen is showing then tap the top right button (camera image with wifi) but that is struck out on my app and grey so can't be tapped. WHY NOT?! Read a thread here that said to try disconnecting mobile data so I did that but still no joy. Have reinstalled the app a couple of times. Any suggestions? Not much point having the wifi if I can't connect.

04-24-2016, 11:45 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Connect to the network first, then launch the app.

Remember the K-S2 is acting as a WiFi router.

04-24-2016, 12:14 PM   #3

Original Poster
There's no way to connect to the network though.

---------- Post added 04-24-16 at 12:16 PM ----------

Nope I got it. Why does it not just say anywhere that you go to the wifi connections on your phone? Thanks!
04-24-2016, 01:59 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pumenlichen Quote
Nope I got it. Why does it not just say anywhere that you go to the wifi connections on your phone? Thanks!
It does in our K-S2 wireless guide

Anyway, if you run in to a similar problem with any other device (like the Theta, or a camera from a different brand), using your device's native wi-fi menu to connect will almost always work.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-25-2016, 12:59 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Why does it not just say anywhere that you go to the wifi connections on your phone? Thanks!
??

How else do you connect to a router at your workplace, friend's house or a cafe?

04-25-2016, 11:50 PM   #6

Original Poster
Oh I dunno, maybe I didn't know the camera was a router itself and assumed it was a device. And maybe my hours of searching online and in the forum didn't throw up this information nor the ks2 wireless guide. But it did throw up endless people struggling to make the app work and complaining about how counter-intuitive it is, and images of a screen in the app that I couldn't get to appear so there's that.

Are you always this patronising to people in this forum?
04-26-2016, 03:19 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh I dunno, maybe I didn't know the camera was a router itself
Enough excuses and whining, Pumenlichen ... it was explained to you in the earlier post. You were getting *nowhere* until you asked here and I told you how to do it.

"Remember the K-S2 is acting as a WiFi router."

Last edited by clackers; 04-26-2016 at 03:25 AM.