Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2016, 02:49 PM   #1

Ks-2 wifi

Hello,
My KS-2 arrived today and one of the first things I wanted to do was to enable WIFI and get image sync working between my iphone and camera. When I enable WIFI the WIFI indicator is grayed out (should be white) and therefore I can't communicate with my iPhone using Image Sync. Any ideas on what may be the problem and a possible fix? I've tried enabling using the button and via the setup menu. I also tried resetting transfer settings.

Thanks for any assistance.

06-16-2016, 03:00 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So the menu icon in reverts to "off" after you select "on", or are you just seeing a gray icon in live view and the status screen? If it's the latter, your Wi-Fi is on and the grey icon just means that the camera is awaiting a connection. If it's the former, you might be looking at a hardware issue.

In all likelihood it's the latter, so follow these steps to connect and you should be all set:
Pentax K-S2 Review - Wi-Fi Features | PentaxForums.com Reviews

There is a glitch in the latest version of Image Sync where you have to press the "start application w/o a connection" button after manually connecting to the network, so try doing that if the last step fails.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-16-2016, 06:10 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
So the menu icon in reverts to "off" after you select "on", or are you just seeing a gray icon in live view and the status screen? If it's the latter, your Wi-Fi is on and the grey icon just means that the camera is awaiting a connection. If it's the former, you might be looking at a hardware issue.

In all likelihood it's the latter, so follow these steps to connect and you should be all set:
Pentax K-S2 Review - Wi-Fi Features | PentaxForums.com Reviews

There is a glitch in the latest version of Image Sync where you have to press the "start application w/o a connection" button after manually connecting to the network, so try doing that if the last step fails.
Thanks for the reply Adam. I updated my firmware to 1.11 hoping that would be the issue.

So I can enable WIFI and it stays enabled . When I open Image Sync I don't get an option to "chose a network". I'I've attached a screen shot from iphone six plus with Wifi enabled on the KS-2. I can't find any way to select a network??

Thanks..
Attached Images

06-16-2016, 06:12 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RM Clark Quote
So I can enable WIFI and it stays enabled . When I open Image Sync I don't get an option to "chose a network". I'I've attached a screen shot from iphone six plus with Wifi enabled on the KS-2. I can't find any way to select a network??
Select the camera network using your phone's wi-fi menu (in the system settings), then re-enter the app and you should be connected.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-03-2016, 05:14 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Select the camera network using your phone's wi-fi menu (in the system settings), then re-enter the app and you should be connected.
I've followed this thread and I'm ok to here but on finding Pentax network on my phone it now asks me for a password, how do I get around that.Im using the iphone se.
08-03-2016, 05:22 AM   #6

The password can be found in the camera menu.
4th menu - page 3 - Wi-Fi - Communication Info

light....
Arne.
08-03-2016, 05:37 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by tuvalu Quote
The password can be found in the camera menu.
4th menu - page 3 - Wi-Fi - Communication Info

light....
Arne.
Thanks for that, got it now.