Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2016, 12:01 PM   #1

Power problem with K-S2

When I switched the camera on today at first everything looked normal.
After about 15 seconds the display showing aperture and speed only went blank and a few seconds later the green ring round the shutter started flashing slowly a few seconds later the green ring went out and the camera behaved dead.
I recharged the battery and made sure that the shooting was single frame, far left on the screen choices. I checked the battery voltage and it was 7.5v
When I put the battery in there was no improvement.
What can cause such a problem, I am not used to altering settings so not willing to try changing things without a good reason.
The camera has behaved perfectly from new until today.
Can anyone help me please?
Thank you
John

Last edited by morelia; 10-20-2016 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Only added, the rest of the display was OK
10-20-2016, 12:34 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could be that the battery needs to be replaced. It's not too unusual if you used it a lot.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-20-2016, 02:17 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Could be that the battery needs to be replaced. It's not too unusual if you used it a lot.
thank you for your reply.
taken 1200 images with it, only recharged it a few times, a voltmeter shows 8.3v when shown fully charged in the charger and the camera shows it full.
10-23-2016, 07:40 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Were there prolonged periods where you didn't use the camera?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-27-2016, 01:26 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've taken over 4,000 with my K-S2 without any problems. But I also have two batteries to share the load with. Last thing I want is to be out somewhere and start having battery problems.