Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2016, 08:08 PM   #1

wifi nightmare

I just purchased my K-S2 camera and cannot connect the wifi. I've followed every tutorial I could find, however, when the app asks for the password, I keep receiving an error stating the password is incorrect.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Help!

Rudy

10-24-2016, 08:20 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The password they are looking for is the one you provided when you set up your wifi on your computer. It's the SSD passcode. For your wifi modem, not your computer.
10-24-2016, 10:40 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
The password they are looking for is the one you provided when you set up your wifi on your computer. It's the SSD passcode. For your wifi modem, not your computer.
No, actually it's the one in the camera. Look for the password in the wi-fi option in the main menu. The password will consist of a combination of 8 letters/numbers.

The password comes pre-configured from the factory and cannot be changed.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-24-2016, 11:31 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The password comes pre-configured from the factory and cannot be changed.
Okay. I didn't know the camera would have a password. Thanks for helping out Adam and I'll remember that next time someone else asks this question.

10-25-2016, 05:00 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I connect my Android phone to the K-S2 via NFC. Have you tried that (if you have NFC)?
10-25-2016, 09:43 PM   #6

You need to connect with the SSID and password configured on your camera. Once connected you can change them using the app on the phone. Regularly I fail to connect using my Sony Android phone, but using an iPad I connect, change the password then I can connect using Android. Wierd and buggy.
10-25-2016, 10:15 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Timd Quote
You need to connect with the SSID and password configured on your camera. Once connected you can change them using the app on the phone. Regularly I fail to connect using my Sony Android phone, but using an iPad I connect, change the password then I can connect using Android. Wierd and buggy.
More likely your phone, Tim.

Even Sony with their WiFi app have warned about changing the settings on some Samsung and Sony phones to connect eg "smart" networks or switching, which ignores WiFi in favour of cell data to remain connected to the Internet.

10-27-2016, 01:21 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

After connecting to my phone the first time I no longer have to insert the password, the phone remembers it. Now all I have to do is first turn on the wifi on the camera, then take my phone (Samsung S5) and go to the wifi settings. I see a list of wifi connections, which includes the one I might be connected to. The Pentax wifi will be visible, select it and I get a question box asking if I want to connect to it. I select yes and it will connect to the K-S2. Then I click on the Pentax sync program and the little camera icon and I am in live view.
I never could get it to work through the NFC connection, but I don't need it.
02-24-2018, 09:26 AM   #9

I have the Samsung Galaxy III and with the downloaded app from the App store the NFC works perfectly. Really to bad the Wifif wasn't configured for WAP so you could hook up to your PC too.
02-24-2018, 01:23 PM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dean2 Quote
I have the Samsung Galaxy III and with the downloaded app from the App store the NFC works perfectly. Really to bad the Wifif wasn't configured for WAP so you could hook up to your PC too.
It is a WAP, Dean. It has its SSID. You can connect your PC to it.

But what would you then do? The app doesn't run on Windows or MacOS.
02-24-2018, 06:50 PM   #11

You are right. The app doesn't run but i have necer been able to discover the camera so I can do a direct download of the pictures without having to hook a. Cable or pull the sim card.