Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2017, 10:46 AM - 1 Like   #1

What? Read the manual?

just got a K-S2 (2nd Hand - 9000 shutter actuations).

Decided that I DO have to read the manual as it's a potentially versatile and capable camera with so many clever options.
Now I have it set up for me, I think I'll use it awhile and get used to it as its quite a change from my old Samsung GX10.

Unfortunately our 30 year old central heating boiler has just died and cost lots of pennies to replace.
Damn nuisance as I was going to try and tell my minder (wife) that as I am not spending money on films and printing them then I should be allowed to buy some nice lenses . . . . . ah, well. Time to go out and get snapping rather than lurking here on the forum and being tempted by comments on wonderful kit that I haven't got and, probably, don't really need yet!

01-08-2017, 12:12 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

Yes, the manual is a very good thing to read! You will discover that not much has changed from how your GX10 worked. As for settings, there are recommendations on page 8 of this site's K-S2 review. Compare the staff recommendations to your choices and apply those that make sense to you.

Pentax K-S2 Review - Recommended Settings | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Steve
01-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums. The manual information is a nice resource to have.
01-15-2017, 10:19 AM   #4

Original Poster
First problem was that the original owner hadn't re-set the KS2 to factory settings and so it focussed via the AEL lock rather than partially pressing the shutter button. Sorted that out by reading the printed manual which came with it - nice to still have one rather than a PDF (althought I now have both).

Second problem sorted last night - finished the process of cleaning out, painting and then installing new shelving into the old airing cupboard as the hot water immersion tank was removed when the bolier was fitted.

Now to find time to get out there and use my "new" kit when not at work and when it's not dark (as i still need to locate all of the controls!)

01-15-2017, 12:00 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The manual is really only a reference, GrumpyGrandpa.

Consider buying Yvon Bourque's K-S2 guide since a lot has happened since your Samsung!

01-15-2017, 12:07 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry about the boiler.