Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-18-2017, 08:11 AM   #1

K-S2 arrived this morning

My Camera arrived this morning so in a happy mood . First impression was the weight, heavier than i thought. Overall i am very pleased though

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 650D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 650D  Photo 
04-18-2017, 08:21 AM   #2

Congrats it's a great little camera.
04-18-2017, 08:43 AM   #3
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Congratulations! Yep, it may be small, but the Pentax build quality does add a few grams to its weight. That's a trade-off I'm happy to make - and if you are going to use longer and heavier lenses you'll be glad for the better balance.

I have never tried the K-S2, but its compactness and flippy screen is much to my liking.

Enjoy!

04-18-2017, 01:33 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax makes one heck of a camera even at the entry level. I started with a K-100D Super almost a decade ago...and that camera was super! I highly recommend you try primes too with one or two of the plastic fantastics or the DA 40 f2.8 XS. Warning! Pentax primes are addictive and without proper purchase moderation can cause Lens Buying Addiction (LBA)!

Now, get out and shoot and remember your best photo is the one you will capture tomorrow!

04-18-2017, 01:59 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

We're quite impressed with the image quality of the K-S1 we recently picked up for my wife to use. So I can only imagine the K-S2 'wow' factor
04-20-2017, 04:59 AM   #6

Original Poster
It's funny it been called a starter camera especially with what it has to offer, i have been doing some comparisons of the K-S2 with some higher level other brand camera's and it beats some of them into the ground. WR for starters, how many other camera's have this ?, wifi as standard, the list could go on and on. Having viewed some of the images done with it on the forum, i am starting to think i made the right choice in switching from Canon

Tim
04-20-2017, 05:20 AM - 1 Like   #7
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
may I suggest some things to do, you choose which to do in what ever order you wish

insurance

get out there and start taking photos

lenstag

Lenstag - Protect your camera equipment, images and help make the world safer for photography on iOS, Android and the web.

Lenstag helps photographers find stolen lenses and images: Digital Photography Review

post your photos to the forum so we can enjoy them

take more photos

04-21-2017, 09:01 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats! Yes, the construction is NOT flimsy! I bought that same kit myself- what a bargain! I believe that is the most compact DSLR zoom lens for a APS-C use period. And it is WR, plus a quiet AF motor which is fast and sure, at least in AF-S the way I use it. It's a bit fiddly as to the retraction and release mechanism, but getting used to it isn't hard. You are right about the outstanding value and performance features. Models by other brands have WR and 2-dial operation, and a pro-level glass pentaprism VF with a 100% field view (some of that extra weight) but that class of features in other brands starts at around $1,000 for their current models.

A heads-up that I put some user tips for you on Bob's aperture block thread.