Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-19-2017, 01:14 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
KS-2 LCD Screen Replacement / Issues

Hello all

I picked up a KS-2 yesterday sold as for spares / repairs. In excellent condition, boxed, with kit 18-50mm lens. Shutter count is 2979.

The camera has a broken LCD screen where a phone was dropped on it - it is black with cracks visible. When tested the camera took pictures initially (using the viewfinder of course), which we could see on my laptop, although they were overexposed. It then refused to focus and fire at all, although does power on and off.

I took a gamble on it as the camera was basically free based on what the lens normally sells for. Lens works fine on my K3ii.

I've ordered a replacement LCD from ebay, so will try that first of all.

Any other thoughts / advice?

11-19-2017, 05:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hope it works out for you. I am getting comfortable with mine finally. My K30 took a fall and over exposed after thatI could dial in as much - ev as the camera allowed and get a decent exposure. A few days later it basically died. turns on and that is about all.. That is why I now have a K-S2 I needed a replacement and I got a really good deal on my K-S2. I have fallen in love with the rear articulating screen. If you get it working I sugest keeping the screen closed when not in use. Helps protect it from such accidents as well as scratches.
11-20-2017, 07:54 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks - fingers crossed!
03-13-2018, 09:05 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
rosettaquarrier,
I can report that the K-S2 lives on and is working flawlessly. After you sold it off in December to ME!, I had it repaired, along with a new aperture block swap.

03-13-2018, 09:33 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Haha great! Glad it lives on! I've still got the lens so it works out pretty well for both of us :-)