Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2017, 05:00 PM   #1

KS-2 Error while recording video, please help?

While recording today the camera had some kind of issue and now I can't access the file at all!
Here's what happened:
At minute 20 the counter stopped going up, and the image started skipping around jerkily. I tried to press the button to stop the video but it didn't respond. I tried turning it to camera, nothing, tried turning it to off, nothing. So I finally pulled the battery, put it back in and started it up again. It started up fine and recorded another 14 minutes just fine. But now although I see a file there (when looking at it on the computer) it says 0 kb, and says memory card error when I try to look at it on the camera. Is it gone irrevocably?

12-31-2017, 06:49 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you tried to record with a different card?
12-31-2017, 07:17 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Have you tried to record with a different card?
I have another card but it's older and smaller, so this has been my main card. And it recorded again on the same card just fine. I'm planning on formatting it again after either getting the file fixed or giving up.
12-31-2017, 08:03 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't shoot video so I haven't had this happen in video .I have had mine lock up once but the card turned out to have a problem and my battery was low. popped the battery out it worked a while longer then quit. I put in a fresh battery and changed cards and all was well. I now change my battery when it no longer shows full and I have bought a couple other cars. All cards are reformatted each time I install in the camera.So far it has not locked up again. I hope this works for you as well.

12-31-2017, 09:14 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Sounds like bad luck due to either the card or battery. Since the camera streams the video to the card, it should be recoverable, though, using recovery software.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-01-2018, 01:50 AM   #6

Original Poster
Do you have any leads on a recovery software to try?